Deeds.... 02/17/2013 07:18 AM CST
considered old fashioned? Does one still need to have deeds in this day and age of Elanthia?
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 08:01 AM CST
>considered old fashioned? Does one still need to have deeds in this day and age of Elanthia?

Do we need them? No.

Do they still have a purpose? Absolutely. Dieing/decaying/departing without deeds is much more cumbersome than with them. The website details the difference exactly, should you wish to look it up. The information should be easy to find (I'm too lazy to get you a link).

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 09:20 AM CST
thanks... also, did some nodes disappear?
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 06:04 PM CST
>thanks... also, did some nodes disappear?

As different GMs have taken over the town guru positions, they've all made changes to the cities and surrounding areas, so it wouldn't surprise me if a node disappeared somewhere. That said, I can't think of such a case where a node was removed, so I've venture to say that nearly all of them have remained (with a few added) since you last played.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 08:25 PM CST
oh, thats good news. i was told some were lessened or removed.

- jarial
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 08:32 PM CST
I'm not aware of any. Did you hear of any examples?

That said, Solhaven and Illistim have had some changes to layout, so there might be something there. Only other node-related thing I'm aware of is that Victory Court in Vaalor is now called Tyrnian Court.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 09:11 PM CST
<<<<oh, thats good news. i was told some were lessened or removed>>>>>

To the contrary, there are now "super nodes" in many of the most popular areas, like TSC, the Small Park, East Tower, Hearthstone, etc. You'll get slightly better EXP absorbtion on such nodes.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 09:51 PM CST
The node on the steps of HS was removed and replaced with a node in the foyer.

I wasn't happy with the change personally and I think it was changed back but I'm unsure of that.

-farmer
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 10:13 PM CST
>>>The node on the steps of HS was removed and replaced with a node in the foyer.
>>>I wasn't happy with the change personally and I think it was changed back but I'm unsure of that.

I wasn't aware of any change, but everything seems copasetic now (see below). Both the steps and foyer have been nodes for years, as far as I can recall. I believe they are both super-nodes, as well (according to KP), though I haven't tested that personally.

~ HH

[Hearthstone, Front Porch]
Airy and open, the porch is enclosed by smooth, freshly painted white modwir up to a height of about four feet. As you ponder the sky-blue color of the ceiling and a lacework of deep green ivy that crisscrosses the open space between posts, the hubbub of the world beyond quickly fades away. Rocking chairs of various sizes are an inviting sight, and an elegant green marble arch provides a tantalizing view of the splendors inside the old manor. You also see the Seomanthe disk, the Ichiko disk, the porch steps, a long oak sideboard with some stuff on it, a doorman and a tall scorched modwir bin.
Obvious paths: none
>sense
You study your surroundings and use your keen knowledge of the arcane. It quickly becomes evident that this area is not a magical workshop.

You sense a convergence in the flows of essence and gather that this place must be a natural earthnode.
You do not detect the distinct harmonies of a mana pool.
Re: Deeds.... 02/17/2013 11:28 PM CST
>I wasn't aware of any change, but everything seems copasetic now (see below). Both the steps and foyer have been nodes for years, as far as I can recall. I believe they are both super-nodes, as well (according to KP), though I haven't tested that personally.
~ HH

This room.

[Hearthstone, Courtyard - 222]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a hollow tree stump and the porch steps.
Obvious paths: south

The foyer wasn't a super for years. It was changed to become one when the steps ( this ^ room) was removed as one.

Whether it was changed back, that I'm not sure of. I remember mention of the steps being changed back but can't remember positively.

-farmer
Re: Deeds.... 02/18/2013 11:19 AM CST
hmmm, "super nodes" ..... loving this!!!
Re: Deeds.... 02/18/2013 02:14 PM CST
Didn't they remove the nod at the cul de Sak?
Re: Deeds.... 07/10/2013 08:20 AM CDT
Used to be folks congregated for "massies" in the Landing in TSSW (the park didn't exist at the time), and...I think but I am not sure that just about the entirety of the Square was noded at the time...

Then the Bregandians invaded, whenever that was, and all the nodes were destroyed/removed except for at the town well, so folks started meeting for massies there instead. This caused a lot of consternation because folks "lived" at the well and they didn't like all the hustle and bustle. Course, folks reminded them they lived in the center of town at the town's water source...but...yeah, they didn't want to hear that...

At any rate, that's when the park was created and noded.