Wow, things have changed... 02/14/2013 10:38 PM CST
Hey folks, been a very long time and everything is basically new to me. I don't remember it being so complicated to play a ranger, just looked at my skills and looks like im a pure archer at 52? Is this still viable? I even forgot how to shoot. LOL. Any place i can get caught up with all the new changes and relearn everything about rangers?

Hoping to run into some old friends.

Good to be back...

B- aka: Hailiya, Driikn and now Jarial
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/14/2013 11:13 PM CST
Good to see the name Driikn back. I haven't seen that name in forever myself.

And yes, archer rangers are still very viable. Perhaps even more-so now with some of the changes over the years.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/15/2013 04:10 AM CST

welcome back.

Oary here.

yes pure ranged is very viable. go to krakiipedia and look up "the art of the bow" guide for a quick recap on archery.

Im mostly around the landing at the moment.. if you see me around get ahold of me.

john
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/15/2013 04:27 AM CST
Welcome back.

Definitely take some time to read up on things and just try them out. Those'll be the best (re)learning tools. I don't think too, too much has changed for rangers since you were here last -- maybe the lore review? We haven't seen any major (or even minor, that I can think of) updates in quite some time.

Feel free to quiz us on stuff you can't find info on.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/15/2013 01:53 PM CST
does one need OHE training if you want to use two handed weapons?
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/15/2013 02:24 PM CST
Nope.
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/16/2013 05:40 PM CST

<I don't remember it being so complicated to play a ranger, just looked at my skills and looks like im a pure archer at 52? Is this still viable?>

Absolutely viable. I think almost every ranger that has used a bow since before fletching and the big Month a few years ago with all the ranger changes would say its even better now.

You might want to read up on the fletching and its benefits as a skill if that system was implemented while you were gone.
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/16/2013 05:46 PM CST

<We haven't seen any major (or even minor, that I can think of) updates in quite some time.>

I think there may have been a few slight adjustments behind the scenes that were not announced. I have noticed when I used to cast 615 there was messaging in some detail about what insects were attacking, I don't see that often now other then biting insects. Also the change where companions follow faster but now park themselves in front of you when your hidden,even if you sneak off. Aside from that, I think your correct we have not had a any major attention in years, maybe its time we do get some!
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/16/2013 05:54 PM CST
AS much as I would love to see more love given to the rangers...(cough...ranger guild skills....cough) there are other professions that need more love.
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/16/2013 07:39 PM CST
>Aside from that, I think your correct we have not had a any major attention in years, maybe its time we do get some!
GILBERTJ26

Rangers don't need "major attention" (other than possibly overhauling AC mechanics).

-farmer
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/16/2013 11:08 PM CST
<< does one need OHE training if you want to use two handed weapons?

only if you want to use a katana in a single hand grip.
Re: Wow, things have changed... 02/17/2013 08:03 AM CST
>Rangers don't need "major attention" (other than possibly overhauling AC mechanics).

You know -- you can say nothing by just not responding. It's getting a bit old.

~Brian, Sepher's player ;)