Podcasts 11/10/2012 05:28 PM CST
Random topic for you guys and gals: podcasts, which ones and why?

My personal favorite by far The Smartest Man in the World with Greg Proops. Proops is the thin spectacled guy most famously known for his part in several of the Whose Line shows. He's a brilliant orator who manages to mingle world history, civil rights politics and obscure pop culture into one fascinating amalgam of comedy. He purports accurately that he is definitely smarter than you.

Next, though not really a podcast in the traditional sense is the Kevin & Bean Show, which is a morning radio show in LA originally started in 1990 (or thereabouts). It's lowbrow and hilarious.

I'm also a fan of most everything by Kevin Smith. The most popular of which is called Hollywood Babble-On where Smith and Ralph Garman (of the Kevin & Bean Show) pretty much just crap all over Hollywood culture. The ABCs of SNL, in which Smith interview Jon Lovitz about his years on the SNL cast, is also one of my favorites, even though it only has a few episodes.

Others I like and occasionally listen to are WTF with Marc Maron (a.k.a. comedians talk about depression), The Adam Corolla Podcast (Adam hates everything, including water), and Mohr Stories with Jay Mohr (lots of Tracey Morgan and Colin Quinn impressions).

I honestly can't get enough of these. It's amazingly fascinating to listen to the innumerable stories accrued by countless comedians about their lives and work. They're most interesting to me because they take place in very personal long-form conversations rather than the usual ten minutes of stand-up most people are used to seeing.

Anyway, what do you all think?

~Brian, Sepher's player