Surprised and Offended 11/21/2011 05:44 AM CST
I haven't ever been assaulted with my own treasure before. This caught me so off-guard that I stopped typing in the middle of a swarm to double take and confirm that this had actually happened. It had indeed, actually happened.

An Ithzir seer throws a scratched tanik trunk at you!
AS: +578 vs DS: +457 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +100 = +251
... and hits for 33 points of damage!
Mighty blow cracks several of your ribs.
The guiding force leaves an Ithzir seer.
Momentum carries a scratched tanik trunk past you to land nearby.

~Brian, Sepher's player, with damaged pride.
Re: Surprised and Offended 11/21/2011 12:17 PM CST

Ok, that's different! Hmm, looks like the Ithzir can grab anything on the ground and use it as a missile weapon. I must say, I hunted them beggers for 18 months and never saw that happen. I wonder if they can hurl coprses of dead adventurers also?
Re: Surprised and Offended 11/21/2011 01:21 PM CST
>Ok, that's different! Hmm, looks like the Ithzir can grab anything on the ground and use it as a missile weapon. I must say, I hunted them beggers for 18 months and never saw that happen. I wonder if they can hurl coprses of dead adventurers also? -THROGG

Yeah. It was some telekinetic thing which turns objects into thrown weapons. I highly doubt they can use dead adventurers as projectiles, but that would be pretty funny.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Surprised and Offended 11/21/2011 01:55 PM CST
If I were an Ithzir with telekinetic powers, I'd totally cut off Sepher's arm and throw it at his face.

Actually, I think you can do that already with limb disruption. Hmmmmmmm....

- Overlord EK
Re: Surprised and Offended 11/21/2011 02:24 PM CST
This was years ago, but a bunch of us were screwing around on the Hearthstone porch chatting away while Tigermist indiscriminately killed and tortured and turned into animals (and other things) those who ... well, really, there was no criteria for obtaining her wrath ... anyway, someone blew a leg off of Nevik's at some point and Dalboz decided to pick it up and harass the poor legless bastard with it. Thinking he'd miss completely, and not fully understanding Nevik's temper (clearly), Dalboz decided to ambush Nevik with it. Unfortunately for Nevik, and later repeatedly for Dalboz, he delivered a killing blow. To this day those events are held over Nevik's head and then again repeatedly over Dalboz's.

What's the moral of that story, you're asking? Why, it's that you should buy deeds and never let anyone beat you to death with your own limb.

~Brian, Sepher's player

(I don't think you can actually pick up severed limbs anymore. I've tried the couple times I've seen them.)
Re: Surprised and Offended 11/23/2011 12:37 PM CST

Bwahahahaha. Assaulted with your own loot, Sepher. Teach you to be greedy! :P

Odysia