Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/15/2011 12:09 PM CDT
What's up, folks? Long time no see. How's everyone doing? Can someone give me a quick recap of what's happened with rangers in the last, well, um... let's stick to the last year or two for now.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/15/2011 12:40 PM CDT
Well, ever since our game of "We'll pay you if you can survive the escalating Fury of Elanthia's rangers," the dominance of rangers has reigned supreme and unchallenged. After a little while, though, the rangers got bored and retreated to their typical activities of hunting, trapping, and ignoring everything on two legs.

In other words, there haven't been any mechanical or professional updates for rangers since you left that I can think of. Wehnimer's Landing with Kenstrom as the new guru has been hopping, though, and you're back in the middle of a storyline. You also missed Droughtman's Maze, which released a ton of neat items back into the game. EG's coming up soon for more festival fun, though, and Frontier Days starts right about now.

Welcome back.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/15/2011 02:37 PM CDT
SUP BRIAN.

- Overlord EK
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/15/2011 03:33 PM CDT
We've had pretty much 0 dev. Our old guy Mestys was promoted and he's filling the role Warden used to fill. This hasn't resulted in a boon of ranger haste spell or even an improvement to 650. Animal companion attack speed was supposedly increased but no one can tell how. Despite our class not getting much dev I'm pretty happy overall with the level of in-game dev.

As far as ranger trends: even more rangers are going to archery, Nuadjha wrote a great archery guide for archery. Pretty much the standard advice now for new rangers is to get a claidhmore for the first 30 days then switch to archery. Post-cap most rangers are going to a much heavier spell build based on the success Droit has had with 202 spell ranks.

Drew/Chiv

Proud inventor of the Droit ballista and the Droitapult.

Invasion canary in the coal mine.
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/15/2011 09:01 PM CDT
It's good to see some familiar faces still hang around here. I got sucked back in (as so many seem to have been) by reading everyone's hilarious and crazy-nostalgic stories in that "MAH GEMSTONERS" Facebook group. It didn't take long for all the old memories to start flooding my brain. (You guys should go read through a lot of that if you haven't already. You'll definitely feel that long-lost exhilaration for the game stirring.) Anyway, I was inspired to come back and wreak some havoc on the poor citizens of Elanthia and pretend that I can't remember POLICY until that excuse no longer works.

>- Overlord EK

OMGHI!!1!1 I'll have to sign on AIM or something (though I probably have no idea what my old pw is) so we can chat. It's been forever and stuff!

>~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

Thanks for the events update. Glad you're still around.

>Drew/Chiv

Mestys has moved up in the world, huh? Is Warden still around, or did he leave the company?

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/16/2011 12:05 AM CDT
Wait til you see what I have planned to release at EG.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/16/2011 05:09 PM CDT
>>- Overlord EK

>OMGHI!!1!1 I'll have to sign on AIM or something (though I probably have no idea what my old pw is) so we can chat. It's been forever and stuff!

:D

Haha, yeah. Hit me up on aim or email/gchat (this same account name @ gmail). I saw the MAH GEMSTONERS group on FB but honestly left it because it was way to busy for me to deal with on top of everything else I track on there. oops.

- Overlord EK
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 11:15 AM CDT
Always good to see an old school ranger return. Last I saw Sepher, he led a massive group into one of the first warcamps during the GoS release and let the alarm sound before hiding, disbanding the group, and leaving us in chaos.

Good times. :)

Droit

Speaking to you, the ghostly voice of Kaedra asks, "Have I ever told you, I think you're crazy?"
>
The ghostly voice of Kaedra says, "That was an insane rescue."
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 12:52 PM CDT
>Always good to see an old school ranger return. Last I saw Sepher, he led a massive group into one of the first warcamps during the GoS release and let the alarm sound before hiding, disbanding the group, and leaving us in chaos. -Droit

Man, that was epic. I still can't believe it worked -- the plan did go partially awry at one point. It was everybody freaking out during the chaos that made it all come together and turn into exactly what I wanted. Everyone played their parts (panicked and died a fiery death) very well. <3!

~Brian, Sepher's player, gloating maybe a little.
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 02:44 PM CDT
Well you're awful at your part then.
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 02:45 PM CDT
>Everyone played their parts (panicked and died a fiery death) very well. <3!

Almost everyone. Rimalon and Missoni and I survived and epically rescued all the corpses. =P

Droit

Speaking to you, the ghostly voice of Kaedra asks, "Have I ever told you, I think you're crazy?"
>
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 02:47 PM CDT
Wait, maybe it wasn't Missoni. Found a partial log on the PC. I think there's a full one somewhere. I'll see what I can dig up.

Droit

>
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/18/2011 10:56 PM CDT
Missoni! That's who I was trying to think of earlier. She definitely died because I had a somewhat extensive conversation with her afterward. She took it especially hard, so I had a item altered for her to give as a gift to commemorate the occasion (and rub in her defeat some more). Unfortunately, she logged on so infrequently after the end of the quest that I didn't have ea chance to give it to her.

Honestly, I don't even remember what I had made. I'm pretty certain it should still be on my character, though. I'll have to look for it when I'm not smashed and my eyes can scan text properly and stuff.

~Brian, Sepher's player w/ Don Julio
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 08/19/2011 01:05 AM CDT
>Wait, maybe it wasn't Missoni. Found a partial log on the PC. I think there's a full one somewhere. I'll see what I can dig up.
Droit

I survived.

-farmer
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/06/2011 06:04 PM CST

And what fun Rangery things did you release at EG?

- Odysia
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/06/2011 11:42 PM CST
>>- Odysia

So, you back playing again or just lurking? And I don't think anything ranger specific was released at EG.
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/07/2011 06:15 AM CST
The imbue boxes are pretty neat. Glad to see you back around, Odysia!
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/07/2011 06:21 AM CST
Hi, Ody!

While I didn't go to EG, I did dig through the lists upon lists of stuff that is being sold there and, beyond a few neat trinkets and baubles, there is nothing spectacularly spectacular in my humble opinion. As for what rangerly things were sold, I think there are some special imbueable items (this is complete hearsay, I admit) that I did not make any effort to investigate.

Have someone buy you one of those cool hidey hair baubles.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/07/2011 06:24 AM CST

>The imbue boxes are pretty neat.

Details, if you would be so kind.

~Brian, Sepher's player, not so lazy to not at least write a sentence fragment!
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/07/2011 09:22 AM CST
>Details, if you would be so kind.--Brian

The imbue boxes are pretty damn neat. Basically, you imbue a stick, bark, or wiregrass, then put it into the box, shut it, rub it, and it changes the description of the wand, etc. So if you started off with "a cracked rod" and put it into the mistwood box sold off of the shelf, it turns into "a smooth mistwood rod" instead (or something like that). There is a different off the shelf variant for each type of imbued object, and each off the shelf box has a limited number of charges.

One merchant service offered once per EG per ranger was to change the box in its entirety (its description as well as the description of the final object) AND make it so that the box had permanent charges. I had one done for wands/rods, and if the service is done again, I'll likely try for bark amulets next.

The way I see this as being useful is to easily tell what spell is imbedded in to which wand or bracelet or whatever, since they will all have the same description from a series of available ones.

I may or may not be stocking up on lots of these boxes.

- Overlord EK
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/07/2011 09:56 AM CST
Coolness.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/08/2011 01:31 PM CST
I just had a friend talk me into buying several of those boxes last night. A neat item and not bad for 22.5k each. There are five different boxes for each type and as stated a merchant came around and altered one box per ranger, I also heard these boxes have unlimited uses while the ones bought off the shelf only have 125 each.
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/08/2011 05:25 PM CST
>So, you back playing again or just lurking?

I'd be back sooner if I could figure out how to get the Wizard to work on Windows 7. Meh. Having to log in via the web site is a pain.

I'm sure you'll enjoy my name in death lights as I shake off all the rust soon enough:)

Sephie! Good to see you! YOU have a hair bauble? :)

- Odysia
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 11/08/2011 05:41 PM CST

Sepher is a goddamn pimp. Things are cool because he makes them so. Also, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Oh, hai. I didn't see you there. 06/11/2016 10:21 PM CDT

bug