Alchemy for Rangers: Perfumes and Pheromones 03/06/2017 04:30 PM CST
Not sure if this has been suggested before (but it probably has)? I'd like to see the Ranger guild include the ability to craft the following:

1) perfume, cologne, pomanders and sachets based on forageables and other agents -- smelly but otherwise non-utilitarian
2) critter pheromones based on skins, which can be used to stir up an area -- or force a critter to submit

Makes perfect scents to me. :>

Thanks!
Re: Alchemy for Rangers: Perfumes and Pheromones 03/28/2017 08:21 AM CDT
If rangers ever get alchemy (which I honestly wish they would, and yes, I'm crazy enough to dedicate months to that grind), I'd love to see something like this incorporated into it, as mentioned in the other thread referencing the same.

Another topic that I've always been a big supporter of and which could tie into this as another Alchemy field, or even like this, is the creation of poisons. Not necessarily the type that you apply to weapons, though that certainly could be a factor. I'm thinking more along the lines of a potion that would provide a temporary buff that, when it wears off, would then apply a longer duration penalty to the user. For example, a potion consisting of ground branch of acacia + pulverized marallis berry (to name two random forageable items) would bestow -1 RT for 30 seconds, but once it wore off would bestow +1 RT for 60 seconds. If you drink two doses of it, you'd get -1 RT for 60 seconds followed by +1 RT for 120 seconds, and so on. Need more checks and balances? After 10 doses of the same category, once it wore off it would also yield a HP loss that is factored on an exponential scale. Guzzle 100 of the acacia+marallis concoction? The HP loss will be so extreme that you'll die.

So many other games both of this genre and others, online and singleplayer, have similar beneficial/penalizing items. I'd really love for it to be in GS, too.

- Overlord EK, who has Thoughts

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Alchemy for Rangers: Perfumes and Pheromones 03/28/2017 09:58 AM CDT
Sounds like someone just did a play through of the witcher games. That said i do like the idea and think it fits rangers and rogues.
Re: Alchemy for Rangers: Perfumes and Pheromones 03/28/2017 11:21 AM CDT
I've never played any of the Witcher games, actually. But add that on as yet one more of (many many) other games that have this function!

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.