Maps! 12/13/2015 07:22 PM CST
I spent my Sunday doing something which is arguably pointless: I mapped the ranger guilds on the mainland.

They're all in ;narost and have room numbers for ;go2, for those who use lich. The only one you can ;go2 directly is the one outside of Ta'Illistim since it doesn't have a maze and the only one you can't just run back to town from is the one in Zul Logoth since it has a maze on the way out too.

Oh, and I didn't do much for the guild outside the Landing because it just seems to be two rooms once you get past the maze. I'm not sure if there's some puzzle that ;mapmap couldn't figure out or if there's just nothing else there. It's in ;go2 now though.

I'll add all the map images to gswiki today or tomorrow along with the map for the River's Rest guild (I've mapped it, I just haven't put it into ;go2). I'll try mapping the Teras guild later this week or on the weekend. Someone else will have to get Mist Harbor since I'm not premium. I'll also try updating the maps again with nodes indicated since I totally didn't think about the existence of nodes in guilds when I was doing the mapping and all.

As an aside, one thing I discovered while making the maps is that even without guild skills (which I totally accept we're not going to get), there's a lot of wasted potential in the ranger guilds. A lot of them are really nicely designed and interesting places, but in many cases, nothing functions other than the chairs, the food and the Guild Master.

For example, the guild outside Solhaven has a squirrel message system that just doesn't work and the one in River's Rest has an archery range that's entirely non-functional. It would be really nice if the ranger guilds could get a bit of GM love just so they can be used for anything at all other than just hanging out (which nobody seems to do, possibly because nothing works). Some things should be relatively easy to fix (e.g. the archery range in River's Rest, since I heard that Kenstrom built a similar thing for target practice in the Landing so the hard part of the coding should be taken care of) and some things might require a bit more work, but it would be nice if they did something (having the ability to deliver messages by squirrel would be amazing). Then maybe there might be a point to going there and maybe we could organize ranger social or mentoring events. I think that could be pretty fun. Or something like a monthly companion grooming raffle the way the bards have a sonic raffle would be nice.

Anyway, maps are either there for the ranger guilds or will be there soon. If anyone knows if the guild in the Landing has more to it than the two rooms you can get to easily or if anyone with premium really likes my cartography style, would like me to make a map for the Mist Harbor ranger guild and wouldn't mind figuring out a rough map (or sending me a nice, detailed log file exploring the guild), let me know.
Re: Maps! 12/14/2015 08:06 AM CST
[Upper Trollfang, A Shaded Path]
Branches of massive oak trees on all sides form a canopy over the hidden path, allowing only a smattering of light to fall in patches on the leaf-covered forest floor. Odd geometrical markings have been carved in the bark of some of the trees, and the cry of a hawk from a perch somewhere above announces your presence. Heavy brambles and underbrush conceal the west end of the path. You also see a blue-eyed tawny golden cougar and a slender guard.
Obvious paths: east
>tap gate
You tap a concealed gate.

I don't honestly remember how you're supposed to figure out it's there, but it is!
Re: Maps! 12/14/2015 08:50 AM CST
Sweet! I'll go back there.

And it's definitely weird, sense doesn't even pick it up (I tried that before I just tried getting ;mapmap to brute force it).
Re: Maps! 02/18/2016 12:23 PM CST
I finally got around to uploading all the maps to the wiki. Here's the link: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ranger_Guilds_%28map%29

I still have to make a trip to Teras to get the last one and I haven't put the one in River's Rest in narost yet, but it's in ;go2. I did notice that the guild in River's Rest does not seem to have a node though... which is a bit strange since the rest of them seem to.
Re: Maps! 02/19/2016 06:05 PM CST

Nothing is normal in RR
Re: Maps! 03/02/2016 12:55 PM CST

Silvyn and aurach walked into the guild at same time. Only two inches of dust on the floor... OK who cleaned the nations ranger guild this year?