Lost Ranger 09/25/2011 11:53 AM CDT

I received an invite to join the Ranger Guild, but I can not find it on any of my maps. Can anyone give me assistance?

Astersada
Re: Lost Ranger 09/25/2011 04:25 PM CDT
There's one in Upper Trollfang, one on the trail north of Solhaven and one in the other areas, too. I would be more specific if you said told me whereyour character is.

~EC
Re: Lost Ranger 09/25/2011 11:54 PM CDT
>I received an invite to join the Ranger Guild, but I can not find it on any of my maps. Can anyone give me assistance?

Unless there's some really important reason for you to join, it's mostly just a waste of time and money.

Drew/Chiv

Proud inventor of the Droit ballista and the Droitapult.

Invasion canary in the coal mine.
Re: Lost Ranger 09/26/2011 04:27 PM CDT
Sometimes I use the guild to forage for stuff. Depending on which guild you go to, you can find a variety of climates and terrains (including some cultivated, I think). It's sorta handy in that sense if you're looking for something particular and are having trouble finding a suitable location.

That said, I forbid you fools from furtively filching from my private foraging facilities.

~Brian, Sepher's player, fairly frugal forager.
Re: Lost Ranger 09/26/2011 09:54 PM CDT
I've seen NPC's offer animal companion alterations on guild grounds, as well. 1,000 silver a month is really nothing, but there's little functionality to being a member besides what Brian said.

~EC
Re: Lost Ranger 09/26/2011 10:01 PM CDT
Don't join. Seriously. If you get the invite, then just sit on it, you can enter the Ranger Guild grounds whenever you want (since you are still invited to join but just haven't yet). You won't have to worry about remembering to pay monthly dues. The only downside is that you won't have access to (non-existent) guild skills, oops.

- Overlord EK
Re: Lost Ranger 09/27/2011 06:02 PM CDT

Thank you,
This is good to know. Wonder if there are any plans to get us some skills?

Thanks again
Re: Lost Ranger 09/27/2011 07:31 PM CDT
<<This is good to know. Wonder if there are any plans to get us some skills? ~CRANFORDS2

No, there aren't.

~EC
Re: Lost Ranger 09/28/2011 12:23 AM CDT
Ranger guild skills are extremely unlikely to ever happen, but never say never.

Drew/Chiv

Proud inventor of the Droit ballista and the Droitapult.

Invasion canary in the coal mine.
Re: Lost Ranger 09/21/2012 05:21 PM CDT

I dont even think there is a GM attached to any of the unfinished guilds, so no GM no progress till one is assigned it.
Do rangers even have GM for the profession?
Re: Lost Ranger 04/16/2013 09:17 AM CDT
What would ranger guild skills even be? Gardening? Whittling? Pet tricks? Hmmm....

Player of Zeek
Re: Lost Ranger 04/16/2013 12:51 PM CDT
>What would ranger guild skills even be? Gardening? Whittling? Pet tricks? Hmmm....

Unless they're keeping it a huge secret, none are in development. There have been a ton of great ideas discussed in the past, however. Pet tricks would be neat, but I'm a fan of the hidden casting idea.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Lost Ranger 04/18/2013 09:05 PM CDT
Well they have stated that we will have "no combat" skills whenever they do come out but we know things change.

I'm a fan of pet tricks to make our AC's more fun. I would love if they were combat skills but put us in hard RT to balance it out. So have my raccoon pounce on something while I shoot at it. Either way I would happy with anything no matter how good or bad it is, I just want to DO something in the guild. I would master gardening just because it's something to do.

Daemon Ranger
Re: Lost Ranger 12/16/2013 01:24 PM CST
It'd be cool if we could whittle up some runestaves...or craft bows or something archery related...maybe learn to hunt small animals and trap for food or something.
Re: Lost Ranger 12/16/2013 02:06 PM CST
I'll second that. The ability to craft bows or runestaves would be pretty awesome.
Re: Lost Ranger 12/19/2013 06:11 PM CST

I dont see ranger skills ever coming to be either, but over the years I think the top 5 or 10 things that have been posted or suggested by many players are;

making bows/ rune-staves

making poisons from foraged plants

learning or finding there own shortcuts around thinks like lakes, mines carts, ferries or other obstacles (basically there own trails in some places)

being able to forage special woods and not have to buy them

better interactions with companions in many suggested ways

better stealth with animal type critters

improved cman defenses

ability to cure meats and such so they dont spoil

there are many more, but these are the ones I see come up again and again.
Re: Lost Ranger 12/19/2013 09:27 PM CST

I always wanted the ability to forage more herbs per room
Re: Lost Ranger 12/20/2013 12:32 PM CST
I don't think improvements to the lackluster 630 spell are out of the question from a dev point of view. Someday, if Rangers get some serious development again (I think other classes need it far, far more), this would be at the top of my list.

Player of Zeek
Re: Lost Ranger 12/21/2013 07:38 PM CST

I agree, but I doubt it will be through guild skills, maybe if enough of us post and keep posting next round of spell modifications or revamping its possible.
Re: Lost Ranger 12/21/2013 07:42 PM CST

<That said, I forbid you fools from furtively filching from my private foraging facilities>

heh, I have found, but cannot back it with math that making wands and rods inside the guilds domain you get a higher rod success rate, and most of them do have a workshop. If functional it should improve some aspect of imbue, nature resistance and some other minor things. Also lots of free food for your companions, but dont pay to get this its there for free.