A Faendryl Symposium 04/08/2015 07:21 PM CDT
To my brethren of House Ta'Faendryl,

Our people have wandered far, experiencing cities and towns throughout Elanthia, but the time has come for us to gather and share, relate and expound on our traditions. More for our personal relationships and knowledge, but also, perhaps some understanding and knowledge will trickle through to those not privileged enough to be a part of the perfection of our way, the Faendryl Way.

All Faendryl are invited to come and stay at the embassy in Ta’Illistim the eighth through the thirteenth of Lumnea where we will spend a week in discussion, demonstration, and preservation of the ways and knowledge of our people. It is time we gather and celebrate who we are, where we came from and the future greatness of our House.

I would ask that you come with open minds ready to discuss, question and pursue deeper knowledge and understanding of our House and our ways. But, we know those who have traveled extensively have new experiences to share and relate. To this end, we look forward to a series of discussions and panels on various subjects of interest to the Faendryl. We also look for those gifted in poetry, song, and story to share their talents and examples of Faendryl literature. We will exhibit some of our masterpieces and ask for those interested to speak on the various forms and periods of Faendryl art.

Lord Tredohal Hashier Faendryl
Ambassador to Ta’Illistim

OOC:
To fully explain, Lord Tredohal Hashier Faendryl, Ambassador to Ta’Illistim, is hosting a week long cultural event. It will include the submitted artwork on display and some player written lore on Faendryl Art. There will be food and wine from New Ta’Faendryl. He is looking for performers, poets and authors to give us a taste of their Faendryl stories, songs and poems. He will also take designs and sketches of traditional Faendryl dress and jewelry. He would love some Faendryl to volunteer to participate in a discussion panel on the Ashrim, but is also looking for other topics of interest to include.

There will be NPC’s to talk to and some demonstrations by them. There may be a few merchant tents and wagons about with items of interest to the Faendryl, and they may do some merchant work, but the focus on this event is Faendryl culture and your player characters.

So, how can you and your PC participate?
1) Feel free to send me Faendryl foods and wine taste messaging. I have been working on it but it can never hurt to have a lot.
2) Clothing, jewelry, weapon, and armor designs
3) More topics of interest to you for panel discussions.
4) Volunteer to lead a discussion
5) Send me songs, poems and stories
6) Volunteer to perform said literature.

I will work out times and dates during the Symposium for those wishing to present.

I am excited for this chance to get to better know our Faendryl players and their PC's and to interact with you throughout the event.

Please send anything to my play.net. The sooner the better.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Sylvans
Half Elves

This message was originally posted in Races, Dark Elves. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/216/2324/view/334