Thinking of joining Plat 03/05/2016 04:02 PM CST
Hi all,
I'm thinking of joining Platinum, I'm a bit of a loner and sit by myself a lot, but when I interact I really do want to be immersed in RP. How friendly and tolerant of loners is the player base?
additionally which roles are under represented or really needed. I'd like to play a pure empth who concentrates mostly on hunting but can help out in a pinch. I also enjoy playing a rouge but never really seem to find the room to add skills to pick much more than my own boxes, to which I'd add is much of the player base too old for a younger player to be much help? I understand Mass Spells must be very very hard to find and suspect I'll have to adjust my hunting style drastically especially with my Gnome Empath. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or warnings? Thanks
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/05/2016 06:54 PM CST

Hi, as someone who was a loner in Plat a long time ago, then rejoined and became a bit more immersed, I would say join and enjoy either way. There are people who don't interact that often, and when they do they are not shunned, if that is your concern. The only thing I would caution you on, is that if you choose to be alone most of the time, it may be more difficult to immerse yourself in RP, as people will have more difficulty getting to know your character, and the quirks of his/her personality, as you will have difficulty getting to know them. And there are some quirky people. But it is an overall pretty awesome community, and most of the people will be friendly and RP with you whether they see you every day or once month.

As for what to play....be a Bard so you can sing to all this crap I have filling up my locker.

Drew...player of Bareth
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/05/2016 07:29 PM CST
Greetings,

Please do come! There are all types here, so you will definitely fit in. Population is much less then Prime but I have found many to be very helpful. The Outfitters can help you get some gear. There are Mass Spells done in the evening (when I'm around the most, so what I can talk about). And most are quite welling to help out with spells at any time. There has been a recent batch of younguns, so you will fit right in.
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/05/2016 08:18 PM CST

Since no one else will say it. Beware of Berbels if you like to remain disease free.

Make the plunge!
Re: Thinking of joining Plat 03/05/2016 09:15 PM CST
Come on over there are two wizards that are always willing to give spells Issa and Mia, a few rangers as well, armor adjustments given freely by many, as mentioned before the outfitters has loads of free gear and if we don't have it someone will in a locker and are always willing to give it or loan it out

You also see the Shilarra disk etched with the image of a Vathor