Castle Quest 07/05/2010 11:45 AM CDT

What if we had an area designated as instanced, but similar to the Black Swan castle, that was available once or twice a year. There would be a castle, which had to be stormed, to either defeat an enemy who had taken over the castle, or to rescue some nobility, etc. To storm the castle, would require the use of catapults, trebuchets, etc from one room (area). Another area would permit the use of scaling ladders or such to climb the walls. and perhaps another area for archers to shoot at the walls to keep defenders down, or majikers to cast their area spells against the walls and fortified enemies. This multiple area would enable many professions to join together and enjoy the storming of a castle or fort.

After the castle was stormed, players could take a week to find a treasure room or such, which the bounty could be shared, etc. Or a week where orcs, trolls, or such, leveled by different areas of the castle where all could defend the castle for a week.

Cryheart
Re: Castle Quest 07/06/2010 11:07 PM CDT
How would it be explained ICly? It wouldn't make much sense for the villains to respawn like they do in other games, nor for the castle to be taken over every x months.

~ The girl behind Debia

Contribute to the economy of Debia! You too can make a difference!
http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/3792
Re: Castle Quest 07/06/2010 11:22 PM CDT
Plenty of events, both merchant and invasion, have had very iffy IC reasonings, why not this one?

Just call it a temporal reversion loop portal that last x number of days before resetting into a similiar, but not exact world. Tie it into some group from the bug race seeking to open a doorway to save/bring back more of their people. They can then be surprised when the rescuers find they've opened a doorway to someplace else and end up entering...

THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

Que creepy music

(otherwise known as Cryheart's castle quest)

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Castle Quest 07/07/2010 12:55 AM CDT
Yeah, I could see it being some sort of 'castle stuck in time'

I actually think it would be coolest if it were the fall of Ta'Ashrim.

It's amazing what people will do when they think you can't see them.
Re: Castle Quest 07/07/2010 06:47 AM CDT
>I actually think it would be coolest if it were the fall of Ta'Ashrim.

This already WAS a quest! On the Wavedancer! The poor ghosts had to relive the death of their people like twelve times!

~Becca
Re: Castle Quest 07/07/2010 04:21 PM CDT
>>This already WAS a quest! On the Wavedancer! The poor ghosts had to relive the death of their people like twelve times!<<

You know, right after I made that post I remembered that part of the WD. It just means there's already rooms built for it.

That aside, we as player/characters didn't get to interact with that really, we just got to watch.

I think it would be really interesting to find yourself on one or the other side, and have to play through it for the length of the quest.

It's amazing what people will do when they think you can't see them.