Gremlins 02/05/2012 06:30 PM CST

I have been gone for many years so I apologize if this has been done before.

Since I have been gone, rather than remembering what I did right before I left; my mind has recalled my times on Prodigy and AOL first, and in growing up with Gemstone 4 and all my friends.

One thing that I love and still to this day, kudos to the designer is the "gremlin area". I can't remember how to get there anymore; heck, I got lost looking for burrow orcs the other day and also looking for the glacier. Took about 20 minutes, but I figured it out. I digress.

What about a "gremlin rivalry".

The idea is that these gremlins, after decades of being hidden in those mountains/hills/crags,etc..., finally need to choose a leader. A leader that will bring them glory...by the way of "man flesh" and "trinkets from pretty folkwomenskin". Several gremlins from across the area and dragonspine form clans and fight to claim their clanleader as the Gremlin King or Queen. They fight amongst themselves, sure because gremlins have that lack of intelligence at times, but what they do mostly is to accumulate wealth and trinkets. With this monetary prowess, they can prove to the gremlin populace that their clan is superior in the gremlin ways of pillage and plunder.

So, these gremlins attack many towns for loot.

This could also introduce "frost gremlins". Gremlins that are a mainly archer or thrown weapon mob.

Ramladu
Re: Gremlins 12/22/2012 09:11 PM CST

Gremlins havnt been used for invasions much since the enhansive system started, as they will steal your enhansives first. A few folks got upset that were overwhelmed by critters to have gremlins come along an steal there very expensive enhansives off there bodies. I like the little critters but I can see the point. Personally id like to see the Moulis in the second wave of some invasions. Nothin like babies poppin out in the center of town!
Re: Gremlins 12/22/2012 09:28 PM CST
Invading Moulis would be awesome.
Re: Gremlins 12/22/2012 10:57 PM CST

Moulis... <shudder> I still remember being the first to have a baby born inside him and the hilarity the GMs had at my expense. haha

Jim/Tk
Re: Gremlins 08/15/2016 07:49 PM CDT

Yeah, i seem to recall the last time gremlins were used in an invasion, some Guys/Gals with names In Red, were up half the night sorting out the carnage.

Yuck.

But don't stop thinking of cool ideas, though!

~Hap