Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/12/2009 05:04 PM CDT
My war mage swings a lance in 1 second with haste up and was wondering what would be the best type of lance to get for him, a crit weighted lance, a damage weighted lance or a lance with flares?

Also I know perfect lances can be enchanted up to 7x and have flares added to them but can perfect 7x lances also be damage/crit weighted?

Thanks for any advice.
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/12/2009 05:08 PM CDT
Crit weighted lances go for absurd amounts of millions. Damage weighted lances go for a lesser, but still high amount of millions.

Unless you're willing and able to pay through the nose, I'd suggest a player-forged lance (pricey depending on enchant, but more affordable) with a high ET as you can get with flares.

-farmer

Maleenor says, "And sent by my people to be a beacon of light..."
Fanahn raspily asks, "Bacon from where?"

Let's fight!

http://farmervivaldi3.1.mybrute.com
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/12/2009 09:51 PM CDT
flares, defintely flares

Salim

Blessed be the Lord my strength
who teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight;
My hope and my fortress, my castle and deliverer, my defender in whom I trust
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/12/2009 11:26 PM CDT
Anything on a lance is great. Its sort of like hitting something with a bomb and then adding a 45 shot slug after it.

GBB
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/13/2009 09:56 PM CDT
how often are you bleeding mobs out attacking with flares? (and, of those times, how many times are you barely making it, and how many times are you ANNIHILATING them by sheer hasteawesomesuaceness?)

You shouldn't have a problem critting with a lance, even with the lower mage as...

flares.
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/14/2009 05:24 PM CDT
If money is no object. Damage weighting, if you can get it at heavily or better. This + haste should do the job on anything, and it offers a consistency that flares can't.

Otherwise I'd have to echo the flares + exceptional player forging approach.

QQ owl on the prowl.
Thank the farmer...
http://ceyrin.mybrute.com
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/14/2009 05:24 PM CDT
I think flares tend to be better when you're using weak weapons. The flare damage is constant so it contributes more to total damage on a weaker weapon. I don't think flares are a bad choice but I might go with crit weighting for those heavily armored foes. Of course that's ignoring cost - when factoring in cost flares are probably better value.

Still the thug that you love to hate
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/14/2009 05:57 PM CDT
>I don't think flares are a bad choice but I might go with crit weighting for those heavily armored foes. Of course that's ignoring cost - when factoring in cost flares are probably better value.

It's not just the cost, it's the rarity. Even if you have X amount of millions to spend on a crit weighted lance, you still run into the harder problem of finding someone that owns one, plus convincing them to sell it.

I blame Nanna and Cemb for the dearth of good lances, and polearms in general.

-farmer

Maleenor says, "And sent by my people to be a beacon of light..."
Fanahn raspily asks, "Bacon from where?"

Let's fight!

http://farmervivaldi3.1.mybrute.com
Re: Best type of lance for a warmage? 08/15/2009 07:48 AM CDT
Flares are best for exceedingly fast weapons, and if you can swing a lance in 1 second, why not!

You search the sea griffin.
It had a wooden arrow, a wooden arrow.
It had a white gryphon's wing shell on it!