roa'ters and polearms 02/25/2009 08:12 AM CST
>swap
You can't do that while being digested!

>att wall
You fumble around with your orange vultite lance in the extremely close quarters, but can't manage to successfully hit the roa'ter's stomach wall with such a large weapon!
Roundtime: 6 sec.

And this went on, and on, and on.

for about 2-3 minutes just could do nothing and just watched my char die.
Too large a weap... if you fight roa'ters, youre dead. end of story.
Re: roa'ters and polearms 02/25/2009 01:09 PM CST
What's the problem exactly? You took a knife out but it was in your left hand, and then you couldn't swap to use the knife to cut yourself out instead of the lance? And you couldn't stow the lance?

Not sure which folder it was, but when roa'ters were changed to do this to people a couple months ago, someone posted a log of themselves cutting their way out, and I'm pretty sure that person did not have a knife or other small weapon in his hand to begin with. So unless he was swallowed empty-handed, he must have been able to stow his weapon since you obviously can't swap. I'll try to find it...

Still the thug that you love to hate
Re: roa'ters and polearms 02/25/2009 01:18 PM CST
Found the portion of Rimalon's log that showed it... you need to sheathe

>att wall
You fumble around with your thin-bladed katana in the extremely close quarters, but can't manage to successfully hit the roa'ter's stomach wall with such a large weapon!
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Stomach acid coats your body and slowly dissolves your flesh!
... 10 points of damage!
Acid causes a painful burn on the neck, inflaming the skin!
You are stunned for 1 round!
>sheath
You are still stunned.

Stomach acid coats your body and slowly dissolves your flesh!
... 10 points of damage!
Acid gets on the left arm raising some large blisters.

>sheath
With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into the richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible snick!

>take dagg
You remove a gold-veined dusky glaes dagger from in your light grey cloak.

>att wall
You strike at the stomach wall with your dusky glaes dagger managing to cut a small way into the roa'ter's stomach wall.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Re: roa'ters and polearms 02/25/2009 03:56 PM CST
yeah i did,
put my lance in my harness
or even
wtrick tsheath, although that doesnt work with a lance anyway, but regardless, both said "you cant do that while youre being digested"
Re: roa'ters and polearms 03/02/2009 10:44 AM CST
How about just the command SHEATH? It could be something where it limits the verbs you can use severely, so that something simple like SHEATH might be allowed but not something way more broad like PUT or WTRICK. Otherwise, it could be just a unique problem for the lance being too big (the fact that wtrick sheath doesn't normally work with a lance supports this argument), but I doubt it's a problem for most other weapons. Rimalon's katana worked and that is a two-handed weapon.

Re: roa'ters and polearms 03/31/2009 10:23 PM CDT
>>>swap
>>You can't do that while being digested!

Roa'ter tummies have been updated to allow SWAPping while you're getting snacked on. Please let me know if there are any other verbs that should be allowed that currently are prohibited.

= - GM Oscuro - =

Cleric/Empath Team
Voln/CoL Guru