naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/02/2007 05:14 PM CST
ok here goes. playing a young polearm bard. Went out and got backroom access and bought a naginata for 3k (love the weapon).

Got it Ebladed so its +20, out hunting crystal golems eblade wears off lose the +20 and cant hit them anymore. have to find someone else to cast another eblade. (pain in the butt).

Was looking at weapons in the players shops and found a vultite naginata ther that i could get to and could afford (wiped me out though). so im thinking ok great magic metal already +20 no need for eblades great so i bought it.

well when i went to use it it turned out to be halberd based so it didnt hit as well as regular ebladed naginata even though it was +20 vultite enchant.

well i was talking to someone about it and they told me about the converter in the weapon shop so i ran there and converted it to naginata base.

BUT NOW i have a +0 enchant vultite naginata with the naginata base AvD it will hit crystal golems BUT i cant eblade it back up to +20

WHY did it take away the +20 vultite properties AND make it so you cant Eblade it?

am I screwed?

signed
frustrated and now Broke
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/02/2007 05:46 PM CST
I suggest getting an assist on that. Some of the naginatas were a bit wonky; I had trouble enchanting one and had to get a GM to return it to the proper metal. (Inspect yours and see what it is made of).
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/02/2007 09:42 PM CST
>(Inspect yours and see what it is made of)

it inspects as made mostly of vultite but when i sing to it it shows no enchant and its says there is some kind of metal in it but i cant ge it to say what kind of metal

ill try an assist
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/02/2007 09:58 PM CST
ok got an assist naginata was fixed im happy again sorry for losing it folks
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/05/2007 07:01 AM CST
FYI, all naginatas should already be halberd based. Whether you have an old or new one. Unless it's the extremely rare instance that the item is so old that it is of a different base.

-Adam
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/05/2007 01:12 PM CST
New naginatas are supposed to be their own base. That was the whole point of the change.

-Anathemus' player
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/05/2007 01:13 PM CST
>New naginatas are supposed to be their own base. That was the whole point of the change.

Thats what I thought, but wasn't totally sure. Any new Naginata should inspect as a Naginata.

Zephore O'Dane - Dunespire@aol.com

Carabele's Lore Benefits Summation Chart at...
http://carabele.com/odds/LoreBenefits.htm

Krakiipedia at...
http://www.krakiipedia.org

Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository at...
http://www.nilandia.com
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/05/2007 02:36 PM CST
Yes, their own "base". But what I meant was that I had thought they were still still based off the haberd's DF charts (as they always had been) and everything else was what changed as far as the enchant/avd. Although maybe someone that has done research or a GM could clear this up.

-Adam
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/05/2007 03:05 PM CST
>Yes, their own "base". But what I meant was that I had thought they were still still based off the haberd's DF charts (as they always had been) and everything else was what changed as far as the enchant/avd. Although maybe someone that has done research or a GM could clear this up. --Adam

The only mechanical difference between a new style naginata and a halberd is the naginata's inherent +20 AvD bonus.

Mark
Re: naginata help please (i think i might snap) 03/06/2007 01:51 AM CST
If a naginata INSPECTS as a halberd it will have the halberd AvD. in order for it to have the higher Naginata AvD it must Inspect as a naginata.