Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 05:40 PM CST
So I am one of those volning, polearm loving empaths. I have a lovely lance (krol-skulled vultite pike), that I greatly adore. However, I am looking into mstriking, and just having a secondary blessed weapon around.

I currently have a: glaes-flecked black haon lance, which I think is x3 and fire flaring? But I am not sure.
And a enruned silvery steel jeddart-axe (x2.5?) that I am pretty sure is blessable.

What I really want to play with, I think, is a vultite naginata. But how much are those? What would people recomend as a ligher polearm? I swing a lance in 5, and mstrike in 10.
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 05:59 PM CST
>>is a vultite naginata. But how much are those<<

I think I saw one for 3 million in the for sale folder recently.
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 07:31 PM CST
I thought they were store-bought!
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 08:19 PM CST
More likely that the naginata you tried it on hadn't been converted to a new style naginata.

I had one enchanted to 5x with no trouble at all.

Icewhite

Have fun, be true to yourself, tell the rest to go to hell.
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 08:24 PM CST
>>More likely that the naginata you tried it on hadn't been converted to a new style naginata.<<

We just bought it fresh from the weapon ship backroom this evening. Neither bardsong nor detect magic showed anything. Now, we did consider that there might be some odd residual from the old style. We tried a Dirt'okh (spelling?) potion, and that did take. We haven't tried e-blading one yet, since we poured the potion on it.

Re: Secondary Polearm 11/28/2006 08:28 PM CST
Odd.

Might want to take it to one of the shops with the converter in it just to see if it will let you convert it.

As far as I know the ones being sold from backroom access SHOULD be new style.

If all else fails BUG it, they are supposed to be enchantable unless the folks in red have rolled in a change and the word didn't get spread around. This is potentially the case with the game updates done earlier today (or it could just be an unforeseen bug).

Icewhite

Re: Secondary Polearm 11/29/2006 11:21 AM CST
It wouldn't take a Ronrhu (or whatever the spelling is) potion, but did take a dirt'okh (spelling?), which is what is needed for taking items of 4x to 5x. BUT, casting detect at it after pouring that potion only revealed a weak level of enchantment. No ida what that's all about, will ask in the wizard folder.
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/29/2006 07:15 PM CST
Icewhite,

Was that nagainata enchanted to 5x lately? Or a few months back?

Reason being, is awhile after the nag change, to AvD instead of the 4X, Naos released the changes to enchant to correctly take in the material of said item and corrected the mods of said material.

If it was pre-enchant upgrades that would explain it.. if it was post, then there's an issue (Which still may be anyways).

Interesting little problem(?) here none the less.

Xatier
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/29/2006 07:53 PM CST
sort of discussing this in the enchantment folder also; answer not quite clear yet ...
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 04:44 AM CST
I don't play any wizards so I don't follow those changes too well but I'm pretty sure it was after the changes Naos made. It was definitely after the first big initial change that was headed up with announcements and in game news items.

Pretty sure it was done back in late spring. I just checked the naginata and it states I had it registered a few months ago (which I did immediately upon receiving it). Could have sworn you can get the exact date somehow, but I wasn't able to via loresong or seeing the Registrar.

Icewhite

Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 11:18 AM CST
Interesting... reading the enchanting folder where Throgg also asked about this, Im goign to lean towards youhaving it enchanted pre-material changes for enchanting. Since it appears it's treating the nag as a wood base item, thus only going to able to enchant it to 3x or 4x.

But, it still makes sense if you ask me... with the AvD being adjusted it still would simulate an 8x weapon with 4 enchants.

5. In the past the enchant system did not always correctly identify the degree of difficulty inherent in enchanting specific metals or woods. Item Materials have been adjusted to accurately reflect their enchantability when Enchant Item (925) is cast upon them.

That boxed area there is one of the major changes to enchant that was released in July, that was taken from an official announcement here on the boards by Croe, dated July 14 of this year.

So, definately would say prior if you had it back in the spring.

Xatier
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 12:46 PM CST
Ahh, I must have missed that comment in the post. Probably just skimmed right over it without realizing it as I don't enchant myself.

The naginata I have does inspect as being mainly crafted out of wood.

I guess I'll just count myself as lucky then.

Icewhite

Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 07:21 PM CST
Actually Icewhite it seems it's a bug with polearms being bought.. they are coming out as wood when they are supposed to be inspected as steel.

Currently Naos has asked we submit an assist to have them changed to the proper material - hopefully an universal fix will be forthcoming.

Xatier
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 07:33 PM CST
Well, I suppose I'll have to keep an eye out for it then.

Thanks for the warning.

Icewhite

Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 07:44 PM CST
We got 2 naginatas fixed tonight; GM Tolli answered our assist, now they inspect as being steel. Unfortunately, you have to do this right now for each one individually, because they still inspect as wood when bought new. Hopefully, universal fix is coming soon, for all you pole arm people.
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 08:13 PM CST
Hmm correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the naginta is SUPPOSED to be wood, unlike most polearms. Is it just the nagintas that are being inspected as steel or all poles?

Seablade and Seablaede
The Ashrim
Re: Secondary Polearm 11/30/2006 09:05 PM CST
Believe it is most poles, store bought.. no idea on event pruchases. Just inspect your items and see what they are.

Xatier