Half Elf Bard 04/23/2013 07:48 AM CDT
I'm really enjoying the polearm bard. Two quick questions, first off, I'm currently using a lance, but am looking to get a quicker weapon. Only problem is encumberance. I can't seem to carry two large weapons with me for long before the loot piles up and I'm heavy. At lvl 7 , would I miss the hard hitting lance ? or should i wait till sonic weapon to use a faster choice? I"m swinging (thrusting) a lance at 7 sec currently. Imagine I'd swing a jeddert axe or hammer of kai at 5.

Secondly, can I expect my stamina to rise enough to use charge more often? I currently am at 30 stamina, letting me charge twice.

Any other advice you can lend a first time bard and first time polearm user?

Thanks for your time. I look forward to any advice.
Re: Half Elf Bard 04/23/2013 08:04 AM CDT
I certainly prefer to swing the faster weapons myself, they work well enough and in most cases you won't notice too much difference while using them. I also suggest you locker or get rid of the weapon you aren't using and carry as little as possible at any given moment. I may not always follow it but it is good advice. As far as stamina goes I am unsure of how you are training but I'd suggest you max out physical fitness until you reach your maximum health points then decide what to do from there, either slow down the fitness training till it reaches 1x or to keep it at 2x, there are often good reasons for either path depending on preferences and society choices. Training in fitness is your primary source of stamina, you get 1 stamina per 3 bonus, so while you get a lot very quickly it will soon diminish to a trickle.
Re: Half Elf Bard 04/23/2013 08:27 AM CDT

All good advice. Thank you.
Re: Half Elf Bard 04/25/2013 09:36 AM CDT
The easy answer, which you should take with a grain of salt, is to move your skills to THW and use a claid until sonic weapon.
Re: Half Elf Bard 04/26/2013 12:21 AM CDT
if you are okay with the 7 sec RT you might consider using an awl-pike instead of a lance, they are about half the way and hit almost exactly as hard. If you want speed without sacrificing much power early on find a naginata. If you use a shield try a spear or trident one handed. As far as stamina goes 1x physical fitness for life will net you about 100 stamina at cap, it also makes your stamina come back faster so you can use charge more often. Early on I'd recommend charging at the beginning of a hunt to conserve mana, then switch to using 1005 instead because leg injuries really make it hard to charge successfully.

Archales