Struck by a notion 08/02/2018 02:55 PM CDT
1) How does the shop system handle a purchase that a character cannot handle? (3rd level dude with a fat bank balance buying that 40M kroderine greatsword, for example.)
Does it automatically get put into a package--as the Merchant Manager used to do, when you bought more than 2 at a time--which is linked to the character, which you CAN then stick into a locker or whatever?
If not... could it?

2) It occurs to me, that there all these 'bots running through each town's shopping district, recording item & sign information & shop appearance and so on. Which means there's (technically) "someone" going into every single shop in every single town and interacting with every single item.

Ssssoooo... how hard would it be to modify that script, to turn the little 'bot into Urchin MkII (a.k.a. "Krakii's Personal Shopper")?
("Fetch me, from "Ardwen's Arcane Antiquities", XygonID 40, MapID 348, southwest room, in locked cabinet, a massive vaalorn sword. Here's my note for the listed price of 1837000000 silvers.")
(Hell, take it one level further, "...and deliver it to charactername "AnonymousRich", thanks.")
Re: Struck by a notion 08/02/2018 08:46 PM CDT
Wouldn't take hardly anything at all to set up a shopper script.

I doubt I would suggest using the shop query attendants. In almost every case, they're F2P accounts, and as such would likely not be in a prime position to deliver to anywhere - except the town you're in. And in that case, you could walk.

But imagine, if you were stout enough to make the trip (or had a character strategically positioned on each side of the Spine) with FWI access. Yep. Would be a cakewalk.

Doug
Re: Struck by a notion 08/02/2018 11:43 PM CDT
I've long maintained we should just be able to hand an urchin 1,000 silvers have have him find x in the stores for us in that city.

He comes back in a minute and hands you a list of all the matching items he found and which store they are in.

tell urchin to shop for glowbark runestaff

The urchin looks up at you, saying, "Hey, Miss, I don't work for free. That will be 1,000 silvers!"

give urchin 1000

The urchin exclaims, "Wait right here, I'll be back with a list in a minute!"

... ... ...

The urchin runs back in excitedly, "I found 10 of them!" and he shoves a list in your hands.

glance

There is a scrap of paper in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

read paper

Item shopname price
Fancy glowbark runestaff Ardwen's Antiquities 100,000,000
Basic glowbark runestaff

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Struck by a notion 08/03/2018 09:07 AM CDT
I agree with that. (Although PlayerShops does fundamentally the same thing, with the advantage towns that you are not in. Has the disadvantage of not being 'live', though.) However, this would require code.

I was talking about adding the "and do the shopping right away, too" step. :)
(Krakii still has not set foot east of the mountains in Froofie Elfland...)