Insufficient knowledge... 04/10/2018 03:26 PM CDT
...of how to express things in the search bar at the site.
https://ps.lichproject.org/items

I know that I can just search for
specific things (like [+50]),
even combination things [swimming transformation]), or
specific phrases ["air ranks"]...

But I don't know of a way to tell it to find the same thing again on the same item.

(Like, for example, "boost boost boost", and display ONLY those items which Enhance three [or more] things.)

Anyone?
Re: Insufficient knowledge... 04/10/2018 09:17 PM CDT
Not on the ps.lichproject.org as coded.

Though if you just search for 'boost', you can screen pretty quickly for those with multiple highlights. ;)

Doug
Re: Insufficient knowledge... 04/11/2018 09:14 AM CDT
Which is exactly what I did. The hard part is seeing the break between items.
Re: Insufficient knowledge... 06/21/2018 10:09 AM CDT
INVentory differentiates between "ear-worn" (single) and "earS-worn" (both). PlayerShops appears to have only the "ears" location available for use, and in fact when selected there are items that pop which are ear (single) and ears (both) worn...
...but ALL of the Enhancives, are ear-only. (Singular.)

Anyone know whether it is in fact possible to generate earS-worn Enhancives?
(I seem to have 1 functional ears-worn slot going begging, and no Enhancive to wear there. <sad panda>)

Similar question for hair-worn: do Enhancives exist/can they pop, that are worn there?

Also, PlayerShops has a listing for "under armor" location... how about "over armor"?
Re: Insufficient knowledge... 06/21/2018 10:37 AM CDT
>PlayerShops has a listing

you should really be sending those questions to Tillmen.
Re: Insufficient knowledge... 06/21/2018 10:50 AM CDT
If I can achieve the sought result with correct search-wording, I'm happy enough. I just don't know enough about how to build that, hence posting under this topic header. :)

And the second & third questions (counting the ear/ears @ PS as the first) were more about the treasure/Enhancive system, than PS.
Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 07:23 AM CDT
Retser, I had a chance to finally get into test and look at player shops. As someone who has never had a shop before, here are some initial thoughts and future design ideas:

- I like that there's a separate warehouse for all things shop related vs. running to the equivalent of the town's moot hall to do all that.
- Great set of overall SHOP commands that let you do a lot of things. Plus the implementation seems a lot more tight than our old premium home mechanics.
- The overall makeup of a shop has a great amount of customization, walls, ceilings, sign, etc. for each room, however consider the following:

: It looks like there might be only 1 container allowed per room, with inmax of 25. (I could be wrong but when trying to add a second, it said the first would be replaced) Consider allowing multiple containers per room, but with a maximum total of some number you're comfortable with for storage. For example if it's 25, then 2x 10 item containers and 1x 5, or some such. That way I can imagine shops like a dress shop with two mannequins and an accessory table per room, or a room with an armor stand and two weapon racks for something a bit more martial.

- PULL should probably ignore Encumbrance mechanics, especially since the shop owner could have made a mistake, and priced the "Super Sword of DOOM" for 10 silvers instead of 10 million. Getting that item off the table may be rather time sensitive.
- Haven't tested BUY yet, but it should likewise either ignore encumbrance mechanics, or just ignore coin weight if that's what's being used to buy the item.

I'm really looking forward to this release!
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 08:32 AM CDT
Is Ta'Illistim's allotment of player shops already claimed on the Test server? I purchased a permit for a 3-room shop this morning and got the following message in every room of Mzaarine Bazaar:

>SHOP CLAIM
>You hold up your permit, but nothing happens. It looks like you should find somewhere more appropriate to set up your shop.

I submitted a bug report on the test server for this just in case.
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 02:11 PM CDT
Retser asked us to test in the Landing last week, Miss Naamit. So maybe the Ta'Ilistim shops have not been updated yet

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 02:39 PM CDT
Confirming ... only one shop surface/container/whatever they are called seem to be able to go in.

Do we need to have purchase the ability to have a second one before we can buy the second surface/container? If so, where?

... and how many things can be put into a shop for sale?

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"

Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 04:23 PM CDT
>It looks like there might be only 1 container allowed per room -Erek
>Confirming ... only one shop surface/container/whatever they are called seem to be able to go in. -Luxelle

Not entirely sure if this is behavior only observed in test or not, but how it's been working in live instances from the start:

From the block of text when you're ordering a container at one of the shop warehouse locations:
"To add or replace a second container, append SWAP to your order command."

So "order 25 for north swap" will order container 25 for the second container in your north room.

>... and how many things can be put into a shop for sale? -Luxelle

Also from that same block of text: "Each shop room can hold a maximum of 25 items, regardless of the individual container sizes." So, 75 stacks of items, 25 per room, and 100 to a stack.

>PULL should probably ignore Encumbrance mechanics, especially since the shop owner could have made a mistake, and priced the "Super Sword of DOOM" for 10 silvers instead of 10 million. Getting that item off the table may be rather time sensitive. -Erek

Definitely agree it'd be nice if PULL and BUY ignored encumbrance, but you can use SHOP PRICE to change the price of an item that's been listed for sale, so pricing mistakes don't have to be pulled (which is great, because pulling the item wipes out loresong data).

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 04:51 PM CDT
> Also from that same block of text: "Each shop room can hold a maximum of 25 items, regardless of the individual container sizes." So, 75 stacks of items, 25 per room, and 100 to a stack.

OK, so I was text-blind. :(

Now, I see where 25 per room and 100 to a stack come in. I do not see where 75 stacks of items comes into the maths. :(

You broke my brain!

---
;tune towncrier

Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 04:52 PM CDT
>Now, I see where 25 per room and 100 to a stack come in. I do not see where 75 stacks of items comes into the maths. :( -Luxelle

Three rooms max on a player shop. 25+25+25.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 04:53 PM CDT
Is it 100 to a stack and not 50?

Hah! I've been automatically stopping at 50 on things forever...

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 04:58 PM CDT
>Is it 100 to a stack and not 50? -Le Eff.

No, I think you're right, I had a brainfart. >_>

---
Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 05:01 PM CDT
Tadah! Thank you for explaining how it worked.

I know I must have seen the message and I either read it too fast or did not actually understand what it meant and mentally skipped over it.

>order 10 for south swap
>The merchant nods and says, "So you wish to purchase a bamboo rack for 15,000 silver? This will be a new piece in Luxelle's General Store (south of your main room).

And that's all it took! Seems to be working fine in the new playershops.

---
;tune towncrier

Re: Shop Testing - Feedback and Suggestions 06/30/2018 05:29 PM CDT
>test in the Landing

Derp. That explains a lot!