The Playershops Project 10/04/2017 10:03 PM CDT
NOTE: This is an unofficial player-driven project and is NOT an official announcement. If desired, skip to the bottom of the post for the TLR summary.

I am pleased to announce the completion of the Playershop Project!

The culmination of many weeks of effort, the Playershop Project is the automation of the inventory database of all 9 shopping districts across Elanthia. Shop listings will be updated roughly once per hour in every town on a perpetual basis. Thanks to the use of Tillmen's Update-playershops script, these databases will be able to be queried using both the Playershops 4.0 and Virilneus's websites:

https://ps.lichproject.org/
http://www.virilneus.com/shops/

Each town (aside from FWI) will be staffed by a level 16 Free-to-Play Wizard who will remain invisible so as not to appear unresponsive to the general populace or spam the shopping district with unneeded screen scroll. Further, the Wizards are all proficient in Arcane Symbols, so feel free to sell your scrolls without worry of the databases being unable to list their spells (The exception being those pesky Fash'lo'nae's Gift scrolls, sorry!). F2P accounts were used in order to ensure that Playershop inventories remain updated even should I decide to stop actively playing and cancel my accounts. Arrangements have been made so that in the event I am unwilling/unable to keep the Wizards running, others can operate them in my stead.

I first and foremost would like to thank Ondreian's player for writing the script (;shopkeeper) used to keep the Wizards up and running, along with generally being an awesome resource for script related questions. I'd also like to thank both Teclys and Zaximus for each providing me with a few of the Wizards at a reasonable cost. Their Wizards allowed me to hit the ground running and keep the primary shopping districts updated while the rest of the bunch were brought to the proper level.

Get out there and start shopping, people!

TL:DR - All playershop inventories will be updated 24-7 via the Lich and Virilneus's websites from now on barring disconnects and what not.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: The Playershops Project 10/04/2017 10:23 PM CDT
Woah!

Thank you very much!

-- Robert

Liia announces, "Funnel cakes will now be delivered door to door in your neighborhood!"
Re: The Playershops Project 10/04/2017 10:24 PM CDT
Your efforts are appreciated. :D

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: The Playershops Project 10/04/2017 10:41 PM CDT
This is an amazing contribution to the community! Thank you for the work and the innovation!

~L.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: The Playershops Project 10/05/2017 12:11 AM CDT
::Puts on his infrared goggles and pulls out his bow::

Here wizzie, wizzie, wizzie....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: The Playershops Project 10/05/2017 07:46 AM CDT

Thank you and your co-workers for all the effort!

Askip

:D
Re: The Playershops Project 10/05/2017 07:55 AM CDT
That's awesome, thanks for doing it.
Re: The Playershops Project 10/05/2017 08:27 AM CDT
In the same vein as the Wiki Witch & Tsoran's Cartogrophy, this is the kind of thing--helping out the community as a whole--that calls for in-game custom titles.

Consider this a motion in favor of those characters named in the announcement being so honored.
Re: The Playershops Project 10/05/2017 12:48 PM CDT
Totally awesome! Since people rarely sell on the amunet anymore (which was used when I last played), buying resell has been slightly difficult for me. So this is VERY welcome indeed!

- Akanah