PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 01:34 PM CDT
Hello everyone, I finished the first pass of evictions in Prime and Platinum. With the evictions completed we're still not quite ready to move fully into the next phase. There were a couple complications that drew out this process that will need to be addressed.

Current Shop Owners: If you owned a shop and were a partner in an evicted shop you will need to visit your shop immediately. (You may have noticed your manifest crumbled) Please make sure to ENTER your shop alone, or as the leader of your group. This will be auto corrected upon entry.

There are still a few straggler shops that will be evicted soon. There was a minor bug with people being able to UNLOCK and LOCK their shops even when it was in an abandoned state. This pushed back the eviction timer a little and your time is still nigh.

Here is a listing of potential shops available by town in prime after evictions.

Landing: 85
Teras: 13
Solhaven: 27
River's Rest: 8
Icemule: 49
Zul Logoth: 15
Ta'Illistim: 23
Ta'Vaalor: 58
FWI: 28

Now, lets talk about the next phase. With the complications that came up during the eviction process there are still some unknown elements with how the system will behave. I've introduced a lot of changes through this process with the back end and have had to re-develop a lot of points. That being said, I will be doing small releases of shops of assorted release mechanisms. These will be controlled experiments to make sure that the new shop process is performing as it should.

What type of releases?
I will try to hit a couple different methods and locations for this.
A raffle for each town and for premium.
A couple of auctions per town and for premium.
MYSTERY OPTIONS!

You must be eligible to own a shop (not have one) and be a citizen to win.
These will be announced with at least 24 hours notice in the next few weeks. Upon winning I will need to monitor you claiming your new shop when our schedules match.

After this intermediate phase is completed we'll discuss the next release phase.

Retser, ASGM
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 01:56 PM CDT
Awesome work on the shops and getting things going - even if there are still hiccups.

>What type of releases?
>MYSTERY OPTIONS!

I won't tell the others when you just decide to let me have a shop. It'll be our little secret!

-Drumpel
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 03:05 PM CDT
>There are 679 shops and of which 462 are abandoned with my latest test from prime.

Landing:85
Teras:13
Solhaven:27
River's Rest:8
Icemule:49
Zul Logoth:15
Ta'Illistim:23
Ta'Vaalor:58
FWI:28
Total:306

a whole bunch of people came out of the woodworks. Out of curiosity, how many were takeovers by partners?
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 03:17 PM CDT
>> After this intermediate phase is completed we'll discuss the next release phase.

pins & needles on this! :) :) :)

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 04:51 PM CDT

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd love a chance to get a WL shop, but to still keep my IMT shop until I know if I've won one in WL. Besides the obvious locationlocationlocation aspect of it, my character is pretty involved in the Landing and I'd love to make him a citizen.
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 05:22 PM CDT
>> I don't know if this is possible, but I'd love a chance to get a WL shop, but to still keep my IMT shop until I know if I've won one in WL. Besides the obvious locationlocationlocation aspect of it, my character is pretty involved in the Landing and I'd love to make him a citizen.

Your best bet is to probably make friends with a landing citizen who isn't so interested in a shop, see if they can get it, and then unload your IMT shop and do a transfer. As long as you never try to have two shops at once, it shouldn't be a problem with the rules etc. (should be a downright normal scenario).
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/17/2017 11:24 PM CDT
I don't think partner takeovers have happened yet.
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/18/2017 07:05 AM CDT
>I don't think partner takeovers have happened yet.

To quote Rester:

"Per my post, you will need to wait until 90 days after 5/15/17. At that point you will need to ASSIST for a REFERRAL until the process is automated."

Not until 8/15/17, can a partner takeover happen. For those that are eagerly waiting for this, please mark your calendar so you can put in an ASSIST for a REFERRAL to take over a shop once the date rolls around.

-Drumpel
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/18/2017 09:53 AM CDT

>I don't think partner takeovers have happened yet.

maybe the actual takeovers haven't happened, but were those shops evicted? Are those shops included in the number of available shops provided?
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/18/2017 06:50 PM CDT
I know at least some of them haven't been evicted. If they're going to allow takeovers, I'm not sure why they would do evictions first. It'd just be more work to undo the takeover. We'll see how it goes next month.

Kerl
Re: PlayerShops: Evictions Complete and Next Phase. 07/18/2017 10:25 PM CDT
Partner's or Owners can checkin as long as they are the group leader (or solo) entering the shop. So, processing evictions first doesn't impact those who were active.

Retser, ASGM