Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/14/2017 01:45 PM CDT
Hello everyone! As previously outlined, the eviction process will begin tomorrow.

What does that mean exactly?
If a shop is still in an abandoned state it will be crated up and shipped away. The shop face/entrance will be removed from the area. If you are a partner or an owner you can visit your local authority and ask them for your crate of belongings.

Can I has shop now?
No.

When can I potentially get a shop?
When they are ready.

How will they be released?
I'll be starting a separate thread on this relatively soon.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/14/2017 02:15 PM CDT

"Can I has shop now?
No.-retser"

I do not know why this made me laugh so much, but thanks.

"When can I potentially get a shop?
When they are ready.-retser"

Are they ready now? Are we there yet? How about now?

"How will they be released?
I'll be starting a separate thread on this relatively soon.-retser"

Is this the thread? can this be the thread? oh make this the thread!

:) GBB
Re: Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/17/2017 08:10 AM CDT

Funny.

And interesting.

Has any thought been given to the price of these shops when they do go live? I ask out of an abiding concern for those who have, say, purchased shops in the past 18 months or so. I paid a bit more, but I believe most shop transfers were in the $200-300 range. Food for thought.

Thanks.
Re: Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/17/2017 08:46 AM CDT
Just because you overpaid for your shop doesn't mean everyone else should have to.
Re: Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/17/2017 09:05 AM CDT
I'm sure some consideration was given to this but it's not like it is a surprise that shops were going to eventually be available again (or at least it should not be a surprise). The benefit in overpaying for a shop in the past 12-18 months (and even prior) was that you were able to get a shop sooner.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: Playershops: Phase 2 Starting 6/15 06/17/2017 11:25 AM CDT
< I ask out of an abiding concern for those who have, say, purchased shops in the past 18 months or so. I paid a bit more, but I believe most shop transfers were in the $200-300 range. Food for thought.>

The secondary market, esp where RL money is involved, has never been a consideration for any type of release or change in the game and it never should be. Honestly, I can't believe that it's not in POLICY somewhere that such cash sales aren't allowed due to the legal issues that can arise from allowing them (I thought it was, but couldn't find it when I went to quote it here). Heck, government attempts to tax in game currencies in games like WoW some years back should have prompted that.

If someone's going to be paying cash for anything in a game, they need to be prepared for the possibility that it could lose value. It's no different then any other market in that respect.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.