Shop Updates 06/12/2017 10:49 AM CDT
Hi
There are a couple of things I'd like to address and outline as we move along with the current phase of playershops. These are changes that will impact the next few phases and I want to make sure everyone is informed and aware.

Account Limitations
The existing playershop system did not have the capability to limit by account. With the implementation of these updates I have started to track every playershop owner by account. All existing shop owners that have multiple shops on the same account will be grandfathered in. If you transferred ownership of a shop from yourself to a different party between 5/15/17 and when I put in the next batch of changes you will need to ASSIST to be removed from the account level tracking. Staff members will not assist you in transferring your multiple shops between your accounts or other characters on your account.

F2P
Playershops currently block anyone access who is not a citizen. Loosely, this allowed us to keep F2P accounts from owning a shop. Moving forward, I have put in a few checks for F2P accounts. If you are found as having a F2P account with a shop, you will have up to 30 days to re-subscribe or risk losing your shop. This is addressed in SHOP POLICY # 6:

6) Free to play accounts are not eligible to own a shop. If a free to play account is found to be the owner of a shop they will have up to 30 days to resubscribe. If are unable to do so your shop will be evicted.

Multi-Room Shops
Multi-room shops are intended for premium subscribers only. There have been multiple occurrences of a non-premium account holding onto a multi-room shop. This was never intended. This is addressed in SHOP POLICY # 7:

7) Multi-room shops are for premium subscribers only. If you are found having a multi-room shop and you are not a premium subscriber you will have up to 30 days to resolve the issue. You can SHOP DOWNSIZE in each side room or resubscribe to a premium membership. Failure to do so will result in an eviction.

General Policy Additions
I've added in two new general policies. All shop owners will need to agree to new shop policy when they enter their shop for the first time since the updates have been pushed in. Anytime there is a major shop policy update you will need to agree to it again before entering.

8) All shop owners must adhere and abide by the shop policies. Failure to do so will result in an immediate eviction from your shop.

9) Exploitation of any shop mechanics are considered to be a Game Mechanics Abuse which could result in loss of your shop, temporary lockout, or a permanent ban depending on the severity.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:18 AM CDT
Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's 1 shop per account going forward.

Any chance that you've coded in automatic partners for characters on same account (and not count against the actual partners list)? Would prevent having to mule things around just to put an item up for sale.
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:24 AM CDT

In looking at the policy, it mostly applies to shop ownership and not shop partnership. One does not have to be a citizen to be a partner. Since the partners can now check in to the shop in order to maintain its status, if that aspect hasn't been addressed, I think it should. I'm not sure if it is possible (I haven't seen anything to say otherwise and I never tried to partner a F2P when I ran 4 shops), if one were to have a premium account and leave millions of silvers in the owner account, they could unsub the account and let the F2P character run it, while the rent drew from the dormant owner account, and resub for a month when the owner account balance was low.

Looking good on the updates.
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:38 AM CDT
I don't see anything in the policy that prohibits multiple shops on one account, just that it says it is being tracked. Is there some intention to add prevention of allowing a second shop on the same account?

Does the policy apply to linked accounts as well, or just accounts?
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:40 AM CDT
"Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's 1 shop per account going forward.

Any chance that you've coded in automatic partners for characters on same account (and not count against the actual partners list)? Would prevent having to mule things around just to put an item up for sale.-WHIGHTCNIGHT"

This ^^^^ plus can we have character from the same account pull and add items to shop counters across characters?

GBB
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:55 AM CDT
Archsenex: Yes, moving forward you can only own one shop. All existing multi-shop owners are grandfathered in. It checks for the account.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 11:57 AM CDT
Thanks, just wanted to check since I was looking at the policy itself and didn't see it there. I get a bit more anal when mechanics abuse clauses get added, hence confirming about linked accounts versus single accounts etc.
Re: Shop Updates 06/12/2017 05:50 PM CDT
>>Yes, moving forward you can only own one shop. All existing multi-shop owners are grandfathered in. It checks for the account. -Retser

For reference, is that throughout all instances, or one per account in each?

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:00 PM CDT
For both instances, yes.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:28 PM CDT
> Any chance that you've coded in automatic partners for characters on same account (and not count against the actual partners list)? Would prevent having to mule things around just to put an item up for sale. ~WHIGHTCNIGHT

I'd like to highlight WHIGHTCNIGHT's question. Retser, would you please allow characters on the same account to be partners for a shop?
Thanks!
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:29 PM CDT
Hellos,

Thank your for all the hard work and the updates to the shop system. Is it possible that premium accounts could be allowed more than one shop at some point in the future?

I have a couple concerns that made me ask, I have a main and several alts on my premium account, I have one shop that I had to purchase with an alt in RR because there were/are no shops in the town my main has citizenship. I don't want to have to sell the shop I got in an out of the way place, just because I will maybe have access to finally buying a shop in Cysaegir, can an exception be made for situations like mine?

It seems like limiting premium accounts to only one, limits them in the name of making more shops available to prime accounts, will premium accounts get first crack at buying shop permits, to reflect that we do pay more than prime accounts? I may be trying to make something that isn't into a premium perk here, but I think there should either be a set number of reserved premium shop permits, or allow premium accounts to own two/account instead of just one.

Is it possible to get an update on when we might see shops added to Cysaegir?

Thank you for your time and consideration of these matters,
Archales
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:31 PM CDT
There is no chance that I coded automatic partners. There are too many points where I'd have to do an overhaul to achieve it at this time. This is more of a future state thing than a current state.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:39 PM CDT
Thank your for all the hard work and the updates to the shop system. Is it possible that premium accounts could be allowed more than one shop at some point in the future?

As of right now, no.

I have a couple concerns that made me ask, I have a main and several alts on my premium account, I have one shop that I had to purchase with an alt in RR because there were/are no shops in the town my main has citizenship. I don't want to have to sell the shop I got in an out of the way place, just because I will maybe have access to finally buying a shop in Cysaegir, can an exception be made for situations like mine?

Are you asking if you can have more than one shop because you have on in RR? No.

Is it possible to get an update on when we might see shops added to Cysaegir?

GM Valyrka approached me on this last year. I was able to get the shops working in Cysaegir in our development environment with the current shop system. She is preparing the area that they will be in. In terms of when, I do not have a date. It is being addressed and I should have them available on a reasonable timeline.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:42 PM CDT
> There is no chance that I coded automatic partners. There are too many points where I'd have to do an overhaul to achieve it.

Thanks for the speedy reply. If not automatic, will there be a means to allow folks on the same account to become partners to the shop? I heard it is possible today but requires transferring the deed to a secondary account, setting the partners then transferring it back to the primary account (seems risky and requires finessing of mechanics).
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:49 PM CDT
Automatic partners would require the evaluation of the account instead of the character. I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Adding your other character(s) via a SHOP command is something that is on the radar. This is in the future state of player shops.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:53 PM CDT
As GM Retser said, I am working on Cysaegir, and we will let you all know when they are available!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:53 PM CDT
> Adding your other character(s) via a SHOP command is something that is on the radar. This is in the future state of player shops.

I'll take it! Thanks again.
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 01:58 PM CDT

>I am working on Cysaegir

Glad to see this. Are there any plans for Cysaegir to also be getting its own lockers/CHE annexes/MHO structure/guild structures? I never understood why one could become a citizen, but the town never seemed complete.
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 02:08 PM CDT
I am going to move over to Cysaegir as to not derail this thread.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 02:26 PM CDT
A huge round of applause for Retser for fixing up shops.
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 03:52 PM CDT
Mainly I was asking if there was any way the shop I've already worked on and gotten altered might be able to be moved from my alt to my main, once a Cysaegir shopping area opens, since we are limited to 1 per account now. I'm just dreading the idea of trying to haul an entire shop's inventory from RR to EN, and was hoping there might be some consideration given to the notion of shop relocation, if we can only have one I'd like some way to move and set up shop in a new town without starting from scratch, or having to move shelves full to the brim of merchandise.

Archales
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 07:42 PM CDT
It would be neat if there was an automatic option to move inventory and furniture from an old shop to a new one, much like the locker movers. Prices could be based on how much they are being sold for. Definitely something in the area of hopes and dreams though I would imagine.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Shop Updates 06/13/2017 11:09 PM CDT
My shop gets closer by the day!!! SQEEEE

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 02:03 AM CDT
Thanks for all this really great work. The community has been waiting a decade or more for a lot of the changes with playershops, and it's really promising to see so much work being done.

I'm aware there are mixed feelings from the player base about whether accounts would be limited to having more than one shop or not. However, I have to say that for myself I'm pretty freaking disappointed to read this post. I want to go as far as to say that even the policy and announcement seem to totally downplay the one-per-account limit. Maybe I just read things the wrong way, but in the previous thread

WYROM:
I realize everyone doesn't want to pay scalped shop permit prices. Retser and I will discuss some options, but we realize there won't be a real fair way to do this. One per account doesn't stop someone with 10 Premium accounts. Someone who wants a second shop shouldn't be shut out entirely. Linked accounts shouldn't be shut out. We're not going to be handing these out, the system will be doing all that. Only thing I can say is... There was no widespread automation in GS when shops were released. We will do what's best for the game overall.

It would have been really easy to announce the intent to limit one-per account. Even the first light of day it was stated:

RETSER
A lot of you are going to be asking, I want a shop, how do I get a shop? Starting phase 3 you will be able to purchase shops again. There won’t be a shortage of shops, so don’t panic. There are 679 shops and of which 462 are abandoned with my latest test from prime.

In fact, I did want a shop. Yes, it was a second shop but I still really wanted it. I won't be able to purchase one because I already have one, seriously come on.

Whatever it's too late now and I don't really see the point of posting my complaint. It has now been made clear, but I'm really bummed. I can't understand in the slightest why such a huge restriction wasn't just typed out in the first announcements about the overhaul. I mean it's a really easy sentence to write in a crystal clear way, so why get a lot of us really excited only to sneak the fact in during a later release? I really strongly feel deceived here and it does not make me feel nice.
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 05:17 AM CDT
I think the key part is -- "We will do what's best for the game overall."

Limiting shops to 1 per account is what's best for the game overall. You can still have a second shop, if you're willing to pay for it.
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 09:50 AM CDT
question about grandfathering shops owner accounts, does that mean they can still get 1 more without going over the 1 per account limit?

Archales
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 10:16 AM CDT
What I meant by that is, if you already had 2 shops prior to the update, they are grandfathered in. If you had two shops and lost one you could not get a replacement second.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 12:06 PM CDT
VEYTHORNE
I think the key part is -- "We will do what's best for the game overall."
Limiting shops to 1 per account is what's best for the game overall. You can still have a second shop, if you're willing to pay for it.

I think the key sentence is strongly subjective, depending on the reader. And I don't mind at all Wyrom catering to many interests and being a bit political in his wording. I didn't expect we'd be able to have multiple shops, but in the middle of this sort of debate by players he came in and said verbatim that players that wanted a second shop wouldn't be shut out. Even now I see the meaning, just like you, that the key sentence was a different one. And even the way the post by the product manager cleverly catered to everyone I also respect. I just felt that once it was decided (I assume in the last weeks to give staff benefit of the doubt), it should have been stated clearly.

I logged in only for my daily login, but I also like to check my shop, unrelated to recent updates. I saw a ton of stuff spammed to my screen, and it looked serious. But it looked really unclear, too. I found this thread. I read the OP. It remained unclear. It required a player to ask for clarification that anyone with a shop on their main account cannot get another one. Why on earth leave this for one month, and then not just write it out in the announcement in a clear way? The issue might be sensitive, but that's only the more reason to write a statement of fact (which likely cannot be debated) into the 'new information' on a thread which is important enough to hit play.net main page and announcements.

I really don't mind the idea, I just think it's nonsense to dodge around the topic and try to use clever and mysterious wording and omission. The decision was made. What was the gain to make official and huge posts on a long awaited release in what is now a sly and nebulous way? Come right out with it, don't make us scroll through text, and wait for the most astute and quickest responding community member (in this case) to ask for clarification on something that is so simple, so important, and so easy.

That's why I'm baffled. It's known to be of interest, why not just tell us? Heck I wish it was just decided before everything. Now the playershop overhaul is just a pile of rubble for me. As an existing single-shop owner, it means I have to pay rent and do all kinds of stuff. That's why I said I felt deceived. People that have shops and are running them enjoy it. We are enthusiastic about player shops. I already even started enchanting projects for the character I imagined to easily get a new shop in Zul Logoth (it's really where I wanted it...not because it was the only place that I might snag one).

Let me run to the bathroom because I'm choking on my barf.
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 12:55 PM CDT
You are correct, I am for people being able to have multiple shops. However, you're reading a thread that has progressed and changed. Retser brought up a valid argument, and he's lead on this project. So it's now limited to one per account. I'm a pretty level-headed person. I don't stomp my foot and make it my way or the highway.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Shop Updates 06/14/2017 01:18 PM CDT

I think it's good to start with 1 per account. Give it at least 6 months to make sure shops are correctly being repossessed on an ongoing basis and that people aren't completely take advantage of the deed sales like last time, then re-evaluate if the limit is needed based on demand.

If you want two shops, and another person wants two shops, maybe trade rooms in each others' shops.
Bug with Shops 06/15/2017 12:08 AM CDT
Retser I don't think I can wait for my referral in game anymore so I'm going to leave the issues I found here:

Player A Has a shop.
I am a partner in Player A's shop.
Player A checks her shop manifest and the date she checked in last changes to the current date and time. She thinks checking her manifest counts as a check in.
I go into the shop...do SHOP INFO
Last time shop owner checked in: <blank>
Last time I checked in: a minute ago

So which one is correct? The shop owner's manifest or the shop partner checking SHOP INFO?

it seems to me one of them is wrong.

~ Berylla
Re: Bug with Shops 06/15/2017 12:42 AM CDT
Earlier in the process I posted the method to checking in. The owner and/or partner must actually GO into the shop to check in. Logging into the shop and typing SHOP INFO won't actually check you in. The manifest does not contain all the new information. SHOP INFO is a new command that shows all the available data additions.

If the owner check in is blank, the owner needs to check in.

If a partner checked in by entering the shop face then you are fine. Which it looks like you did.

In short,
The shop manifest is showing the "GENERAL CHECK IN" which can be the owner or partner, that is working as intended.
The OWNER check in is something new as of 5/15/17 that is a separate field.

This is not a bug.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Bug with Shops 06/15/2017 01:47 AM CDT
OK I understand but the owner physically entered the shop previously, I know because I was with her yet still shop info showed a blank field, as if she hadn't entered since you implemented phase one? We were both in the shop immediately after the first notice to go enter our shops.

Thank you Retser for all you do, just wanted to let you know why we were befuddled.
Re: Bug with Shops 06/15/2017 07:11 AM CDT
I thought a previous notice mentioned that the shop owner, if grouped, needed to be the leader of the group when entering.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Bug with Shops 06/15/2017 08:34 AM CDT
Yes, they must be the leader.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Bug with Shops 06/17/2017 12:23 AM CDT
<<Yes, they must be the leader.>>

We weren't grouped.