Unofficial Supported Sites 08/08/2017 12:28 AM CDT
I've had a few people ask... "Is that really you on forums.elanthia.online posting as Wyrom?" Yes. It is. A few players decided to try something new out, and I jumped over to it. There are a few channels out there that I'd like to have a GameMaster presence on.

Right now that list is...

forums.elanthia.online
gemstoneiv.slack.com
discordapp.com (approved servers)

Currently it's mostly just me, but as time moves on, I'd like get more GameMasters able to field concerns on these communication channels. It is a personal effort of mine to be more connected with our players. It's time to shift our GameMaster culture to support it.

Play.net will still be the only official form of communication though. I understand that only a small percentage of our players post on our forums, so it's time to branch out.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/08/2017 01:06 AM CDT
Wyrom will bring only the freshest of memes.

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

You see Blood Mayor Cruxophim the Blood Reaver.
“Blood for the Blood Mayor! Skulls for the Skull Office!”

[ Storyline: https://goo.gl/VQkXAZ ]
[ Order of the Shadow: https://goo.gl/88Ojff ]
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/09/2017 12:32 AM CDT
I disagree. Having an official presence on an unofficial, ooc forum is very hurtful. GM's shouldn't be able to use OOC sites against a player in game. That's just so wrong. For example, I used to spend time on Player's Corner but the players there were so mean, so cruel and such trolls that I've tried to stay away from it. Especially for the past year. I'm done and GM's shouldn't be using people's lies against them. Official boards should be all that's allowed.
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/09/2017 02:03 PM CDT
>> GM's shouldn't be able to use OOC sites against a player in game.

I'm not following your logic here...

As long as official communications are always covered on the official forums, I don't see any issue with the direction Wyrom is heading on this.

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/09/2017 02:16 PM CDT

I'd rather see everything here and only here because now to get complete information I need to go to two different chat programs and two different messages boards.
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/09/2017 04:41 PM CDT
I'd have to comment, that I do not really like the idea of GM's posting anywhere but the officials, in any official capacity, this includes information/updates/announcements/game mechanic discussions.. ect ect... if these forums are a problem, and the reason you're posting on another venue.. close this forum to read only for historical value, and move it officially to a new area that is managed by the GM team. there are several cheap options for Simutronics to explore, and likely save money down the road without having to "host" the website themselves.
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/09/2017 08:34 PM CDT
<<As long as official communications are always covered on the official forums, I don't see any issue with the direction Wyrom is heading on this.>>

I've had my postings on Facebook used against me in game. Wyrom has to make a lot of decisions on people's intentions in game and he shouldn't be making them based on the lies people tell on Players Corner. All of the truly classy people I've met over the past twenty years all say the same thing. Stay off that horror of a site. No in game decisions should be made based on OOC postings on sites that are not supported by Simutronics.
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/12/2017 02:18 PM CDT
>>As long as official communications are always covered on the official forums, I don't see any issue with the direction Wyrom is heading on this.

As with others, this is the only thing that concerns me somewhat. If GMs answer questions about mechanics or what-have-you on other forums and those answers are not copy/pasted here then I am forced, whether or not I wish to do so, to stay active on multiple websites to keep abreast of any developments.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

Avaia, player of
Re: Unofficial Supported Sites 08/12/2017 02:45 PM CDT

>If GMs answer questions about mechanics or what-have-you on other forums and those answers are not copy/pasted here then I am forced, whether or not I wish to do so, to stay active on multiple websites to keep abreast of any developments.

this. it's not getting cross-posted for the most part unless a player does it.