Report - Excursion to Wehnimer's Landing Graveyard - March 4th, 2018 at 8 PM CST 03/05/2018 02:51 AM CST
Day 4 of the month Charlatos in the year 5118

The following is a brief report of the excursion to Wehnimer's Landing Graveyard as recounted by Lilium.

The temple's plea for help from local adventures was answered by Huckleberry, Gwendyllanne, and Jaired. As we gathered outside the temple in Erebor Square, a balefire of gloom shot into the sky from above the graveyard. We four set out immediately to investigate this ill omen and were met at the graveyard gate by a massive cave troll who called himself Grimgul. Our many questions seemed to frustrate Grimgul and he called for his master to deal with our inquiries. This so called master was none other than Berbels and he has apparently made claim to the Graveyard and its environs as his home. Berbels quickly denied the appearance of the light above the graveyard and attempted to dismiss the huge amount of undead roaming the area. After some discussion, Berbels decided to acquiesce and allow us to explore the graveyard with him as chaperone. We made our way to the burial grounds and quickly dispatched a number of undead in the hopes of proactively suppressing their numbers less Wehnimer's Landing be subjected to undead invasions just as Ta'Illistim and Ta'Vaalor were.

I then led the group to the crypt in order to offer prayers to Lorminstra to further placate the dead lest they too rise up. I felt my efforts were being hindered by an outside force and Berbels was acting quite strangely throughout the proceedings. Having completed the ritual, I queried our host as to whether he knew the origin of his new home in the hope he might let slip some information that might prove useful towards discerning the nature of the pillar of black light we had seen earlier. We visited two of the many mysteries to be found in the graveyard, the room where the name "Bandur Etrevion" is written upon a tome and the lavishly decorated room in the heart of what appear to be living quarters. Berbels was fairly tight lipped, but he did seem to slip up at mention of the name Bandur Etrevion. As we returned to the crypt Grimgul attempted to drag Huckleberry away from the group in order to devour him. Huckleberry managed to escape Grimgul without harm but it was apparent that our welcome was quickly wearing thin. I thought it prudent to leave quickly and transported our group to the nearby Order of Voln Monastery before any harm could befall my companions. I thanked each of my companions and all went there separate ways to contemplate the evenings events.

Time will tell if the temple's effort to suppress the undead activity in the graveyard was effective, but I fear there is a deeper plot here that will need to be explored at a later date.

Participants: Lilium, Huckleberry, Gwendyllanne, Jaired, Grimgul, Berbels

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4