Scatter hunting? 08/25/2013 11:38 AM CDT
So I finally got Kembal to cap, and I'm itching to try the Scatter. Any suggestions? What can a pure-casting empath not hunt in the Scatter? (besides the Vvarel destroyer)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Scatter hunting? 08/25/2013 04:26 PM CDT
You can possibly kill everything else, you are going to have to use CS spells on the fetish masters(unless you've got a lot of enhancives), bolts or CS will work on the siphons and cerebralites up to you to figure out which will work best. There are also lichs, CS will be your best bet against them and I'd not suggest you go hunting them until you've got a solid feel for the scatter, just don't cross the barrier its pretty simple.
Re: Scatter hunting? 08/25/2013 07:18 PM CDT
>Any suggestions?

Sure, if you are just post cap and hunting alone...make sure plenty of folks know what you are planning. That area simply isn't meant for the recently capped to do well in alone. I'm not saying it can't be done...but you'll die as often as you survive unless you are extremely lucky...in the Scatter, even careful has little to do with it. you'll need the luck.

--Jurp
Re: Scatter hunting? 08/26/2013 03:24 PM CDT
Sure, if you are just post cap and hunting alone...make sure plenty of folks know what you are planning. That area simply isn't meant for the recently capped to do well in alone. I'm not saying it can't be done...but you'll die as often as you survive unless you are extremely lucky...in the Scatter, even careful has little to do with it. you'll need the luck. - Jurp

Ok, so maybe I should wait.

Plane 4 is boring me though....guess I better look at Nelemar.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Scatter hunting? 08/26/2013 04:49 PM CDT
<< Ok, so maybe I should wait. >>

Give it a try! The worst that could happen is that you die and decay. Fight if there is just one critter in the room. Run if there are two or more.
Re: Scatter hunting? 08/27/2013 06:28 PM CDT
>Give it a try! The worst that could happen is that you die and decay. Fight if there is just one critter in the room. Run if there are two or more.

And stay north of the membrane or whatever. And don't let masters move longer than a few (make that couple) seconds...those blasted dolls are murder...literally. If you are fast, smart, and lucky you'll likely do fine if you stick to those bits of advice.

It's a fun area to be sure, but it can be very frustrating and extremely deadly. Might be worth tracking down a guide for the first hunt.

--Jurp