I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release, but.... 02/15/2018 03:51 PM CST
Did you really have to send this champion after me? Luckily I made it out alive!

GameMaster Cyraex

You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Divine Incarnation...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You close your eyes, contemplating the march to death and every living being's place along it. You feel the cold touch of Gosaena as images of the goddess's white feathered wings sprout in your mind.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
An Ithzir champion's eyes narrow in focus as it attacks.
An Ithzir champion swings a broadsword at you!
AS: +450 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +30 + 60 + d40 roll: +21 = +343
... and hits for 49 points of damage!
Beautiful head shot neatly slices off your ear!
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
!S>incarnate armor
You turn your mind to your patron, asking her for deliverance from an untimely death. A cold grey haze seeps from the ground and enshrouds you in its protective embrace.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
!S>
The champion's face hardens in concentration, and it starts moving faster than seems possible.
An Ithzir champion swings a broadsword at you!
Your holy armor resists slashing damage and helps to lessen the effects as you are struck!
AS: +450 vs DS: +159 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +41 = +362
... and hits for 26 points of damage!
Grazing slash to your face!
Scratch to your eyelids.
"When blood gets in your eyes..."
!S>
Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/15/2018 05:07 PM CST
Ok, ok. . . hold on just a cotton pickin' minute here! (Old guy, so I can say that. ;P)

Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just see a spell incarnation that moved the magic crit randomization floor from rank 5 to rank 1?!?!

Dammit, where's Mark?

Doug
Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/15/2018 05:34 PM CST
I don't think so. I think what you saw was a 50% resistance to all damage types. Second hit drops down to 21 base damage for a rank 1 on plate.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 01:17 PM CST
Hmmm.. I"d like to know how much armor padding he had (including Society padding such as GoS) and how much redux and if that was with full plate or not :P

If no padding.. then I'm going to be drooling even more

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 01:27 PM CST
My quick math suggested about 19.75% redux. Critics padding probably wouldn't have effected the second hit, given the raw damage. My numbers could be off by more if he had damage padding, that math is too variable with only two hits to read.

Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 03:04 PM CST
FALAN:
Hmmm.. I"d like to know how much armor padding he had (including Society padding such as GoS) and how much redux and if that was with full plate or not :P

What if I told you I had on plain old 4x brigandine armor?

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: I know your all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 03:48 PM CST
I was worried it might be brig and not augmented breastplate. If so, your guy has some hella good redux or crit padding on that first shot.

Re: I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 04:02 PM CST
...if people are going to keep replying to the thread, I'm going to fix the title. <mutter, grumble, swear, kick puppy>
Re: I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 03:52 PM CST
I reran the numbers from shot one to two with brig instead of augmented breastplate and I still got 21 out of the expected 42 for the second shot. I should have known, both DF and redux are multipliers. Anyway, still 50% resistance and simply better redux/luck with crits in this new version of the math.

Re: I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 04:38 PM CST
FINE! We'll do it YOUR way Krakii.

See what I did there...?

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 05:03 PM CST
"See what I did there...?" -- other-Robert

You're not as clear as in your messages of yore.
(Though I accept that their import was greater there and then, except for those that were solely humor; they're ALWAYS important. :)
Re: I know you're all anxious for the 1650 release but.... 02/16/2018 10:53 PM CST
Bah just release the darn spell already!!