Zealot and Divine Shield 08/08/2017 10:28 PM CDT
The paladin spells 1609 (Divine Shield) and 1617 (Zealot) have been updated to support self-cast only versions via the EVOKE command. Using this method will prevent the effects from applying to the paladin's group. This should alleviate some concerns paladins have with leading large groups without causing ill effects.

Viduus
Re: Zealot and Divine Shield 08/08/2017 11:17 PM CDT
Bring on the 1650!!

Oh, and thanks much for this. For us Zealot builds this was quite painful.
Re: Zealot and Divine Shield 08/09/2017 03:14 PM CDT

I'm worriedsome with 1650 coming out since I question if I can still have my 1x Dodge, 20 Minor Spirit and 50 paladin spells as a dual wielding paladin (full 2x) with multi strikes. So.. hopefully... the 50th spell will be awesome. I just wish we could get a little tease...

I'm sure I'll figure something out though, but in the mean time.. just keep hunting to get more TPs. That said, more Reim time when not fighting Kenstrom minions. Out of curiosity, will the spell be introduced / be part of a Kenstrom story?

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Zealot and Divine Shield 08/12/2017 08:13 AM CDT
Nice update, thanks! This will be quite handy when hunting with pures and my paladin leading.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but speaking of 1609 and 1617, I just checked and both MANA SPELLUP and Voln's SYMBOL OF RECALL always activate 1609 on my character, though he does not use a shield, and sometimes it leads to slight confusion when trying to Zealot hunting.

Is there a way we could set a flag to not have this spell automatically cast for these spellups?
Re: Zealot and Divine Shield 08/14/2017 08:22 AM CDT
Granted that my Paladin isn't to the point where armor + damage reduction makes him safe(-ish), so I don't use Zealot, but I keep Divine Shield/1609 running constantly just on the off chance that I'm in a group, to help anyone using a shield. (And he's always in a group, because he hunts with my younger Bard on the other account.)

Since it's a self-cast spell, it's completely under your control: "stop 1609" and you're done, no? Build that into your Zealot macro ("stop dshield\r incant zealot\r") and you're set.
Re: Zealot and Divine Shield 08/15/2017 05:44 PM CDT
>Since it's a self-cast spell, it's completely under your control: "stop 1609" and you're done, no? Build that into your Zealot macro ("stop dshield\r incant zealot\r") and you're set.

Yes, it's pretty easy. I still don't find it makes much sense after Symbol of Recall when it wasn't even running, though. Feature or a bug is subjective, I guess.