Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 02:01 PM CDT
With the upcoming change to how weighting is slotted on a weapon, will weighted weapons that are bonded via 1625 gain guiding light flares?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 04:14 PM CDT
>> With the upcoming change to how weighting is slotted on a weapon, will weighted weapons that are bonded via 1625 gain guiding light flares?

What upcoming change to how weighting is slotted on a weapon?

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 04:24 PM CDT
It was announced that in August/September, weighting/padding will move to its own "slot" on weapons/armor. They will also be offering more weighting/padding services.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 06:49 PM CDT
I specifically just asked this at the simucon dev roundtable and was given a no, guiding light flares will still not be available on a weighted weapon after this update. Definitely not cool, but that was the answer given.

I did also ask about 1650 and that was met with a "very soon to be released".
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 06:57 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, what other things block flares from 1625? I've finally finished my perfect weapon for life, and am salivating over the possible enhancements I will be able to give it over the years. Want to make sure I don't go craving something that will make me loose those flares.
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/05/2017 07:10 PM CDT
Just to expand on my comment, I was told that guiding light flares and weighted weapons could work right now, but that it is intended for the paladin to make a choice: weighted weapon or flares.
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/07/2017 09:34 PM CDT
Now I'm confused...
If weighting and padding has it's own slot then how do weapons with weighting not get flares since flares have their own slot that is shared with weighting? Or am I reading this wrong as in it's not true about the weighting / padding given it's own slot?

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/07/2017 10:13 PM CDT
Wyrom said one thing, then Estild came in during dev table and said "don't expect to have blessable claids and/or flaring claids" so now we are ALL confused and upset and generally grumpy.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/07/2017 10:17 PM CDT
also.. there are weighted weapons other than claids. I know most people think claids are the only weapon in the game, but they DO exist...
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/07/2017 11:32 PM CDT
I was told by Estild (correct me if I'm wrong here) that you CAN (or should I say "will be able" once released) get a flaring claid, but it'll be on the very rare (think auction/raffle quality) side of things. You'll be much more likely to see a flaring katana than a flaring claid.

Guiding light flares are a different animal from my understanding. It is by design that you can't get guiding light flares on a weighted weapon via 1625.
Re: Weighting Change and 1625 08/08/2017 10:45 AM CDT
JL177
I was told by Estild (correct me if I'm wrong here) that you CAN (or should I say "will be able" once released) get a flaring claid, but it'll be on the very rare (think auction/raffle quality) side of things. You'll be much more likely to see a flaring katana than a flaring claid.
Guiding light flares are a different animal from my understanding. It is by design that you can't get guiding light flares on a weighted weapon via 1625.

Correct on both statements. Wyrom posted that it would be possible to bless crit weighted items. That does not mean you should expect to be able to bless a claidhmore. Blessing something that is heavy crit weighting would be much more likely.

Just like how Crusade (1618) can grant flaring to any weapon/attack, Guiding Light flares could have also been coded the same way. It was a design decision to allow flares on weighted weapons.

GameMaster Estild