weighting 09/03/2016 04:57 PM CDT
I have a 7x perfect forged morning star and debating putting +10 weighting into it. Right now it's just has the flares from bonding. Good idea or no?
Re: weighting 09/03/2016 05:39 PM CDT
Weighting is always nice but for my paladin I decided I wanted the double flares. It's an either or choice.

Also kick it up to 8x before weighting it (or not weighting it) and now you can kill demons too!

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: weighting 09/03/2016 05:40 PM CDT
In general it is a fantastic idea, although it might be even more or just normal fantastic depending on your build. Weighting will be better than flares on any hit where you were not already dealing rank 9 damage. If you are a more methodical/defensive build that uses 1615 and feint before each swing, I would be less likely to pay the price for the weighting. In those instances a flare can be as good or better and they are free. If you are any sort of build that swings sooner or against more defensive foes (especially using zealot), the weighting is about the best weapon addition you could get (except splitter).

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: weighting 10/20/2016 11:26 AM CDT

I strong advise to do what Robert mentioned. Otherwise you'll pay a lot more silver to get that to 8x

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: weighting 10/21/2016 09:24 AM CDT
Also took my 7x perfect to 8x as the first upgrade.