Hunting with Wall of Force 10/16/2013 02:21 PM CDT
When I hit 88 I figured out a way to use the yearly fixskill to get 140 without diminishing anything significant. Dropped some SL:R and some perception and two ranks of ambush.

Now when hunting I am running 140 and 1617. With a white crystal, pure potion, Voln symbols, and 117 I can break 600 AS. Otherwise I can maintain above 500 AS in full offensive for the duration of a hunt.

Before I step into the hunting area:

Draw weapon and shield. Combined +5 STR, +5 WIS. +10 CON bonuses
Cast 1607 Rejuvination
Infuse 1615 Divine Strike into weapon
Cast 1603 Faith's Clarity then 117 Spirit Strike
Use any supplements, statues, white crystals, etc
Cast 1603 Faith's Clarity then 140 Wall of Force
Cman Surge
Voln Symbol of Courage, Protection, Supremacy, Disruption

Begin hunt.

Now the tricky part... watching for everything that needs to be self refreshed on the fly. It's not so bad with the messages highlighted but with multiple targets in the room it can be hard to catch everything including mana and stamina levels.

Surge
Mstrike cooldown
140 Wall of Force
1617 Zealot
1607 Rejuvination
Voln Symbols
1619 Faith Shield if needed for strong casters

Infuse 1615 into weapon
Cast 1603 Faith's Clarity then 117 Spirit Strike

The last two I admit to using infrequently. Mana definitely needs to be conserved with this style but with mana and stam enhancives it can be maintained for as long as a general hunt can last. Also, hunting this way, I am conservative with 1601 Pious Trial, 1614 Aura, 1615 Divine Strike, and 1630 Judgement. I end up using cmans and smans more as disablers than spells.

Another good thing is if Wall of Force drops at the wrong time I'm in full plate, along with almost singling in MOC which has Force on Force benefits, doubling shield, and singling dodge for EBP, taking a hit here or there barely leaves a mark if any. When mana gets low I have the option to drop 1617 Zealot and cast 1609 Divine Shield to finish off a hunt and head in.

It's not full proof. I've died to a lucky cast with 1619 Faith Shield up, and a lucky cman, but so far I've been having fun with it.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Hunting with Wall of Force 10/16/2013 02:34 PM CDT
Near the end I meant to say I've died from a lucky cast without 1619 Faith Shield up. That was me trying to juggle all of this and missing a need to cast 1619.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Hunting with Wall of Force 10/17/2013 10:43 PM CDT
With this style of hunting it is clear to me that I will now start training in SL:R for the defensive benefits added to 1610 Higher Vision, and the offensive/defensive bonuses to 1617 Zealot. Not to mention the other bonuses included to other paladin spells.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Hunting with Wall of Force 10/22/2013 06:39 PM CDT
I found 140/1619 hunting to be a very useful tactic when up in nelemar temple. When hunting the second floor I already don't cast 1615 (being charl aligned), so I had mana to burn. In the past I also ran some zealot/140 hunts in OTF. That worked ok, but the big RT locks tended to outlast my 140 casts. I held off zealoting there until my other DS sources could cover me without 140.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Hunting with Wall of Force 10/22/2013 07:00 PM CDT
I'm at rank 3 cman surge and it lasts exactly as long as 140 so I've been watching for the surge cool down message as a warning that 140 will drop next.

I'm not quite to the point of hunting Ithzir just yet though I can take them, and griffins one on one. I need to head up to the Rift and try it.

Chad, player of a few