OHE/Blunt users 03/23/2018 02:51 PM CDT
I've got a some white ora slabs I'm eventually going to get around to forging into something, but I'm not sure what quite yet and I don't have a paladin or a weapon using cleric. So, I thought I'd see what weapons paladins that swing OHE and/or Blunt weapons tend to use since I'll prolly be trying to sell whatever I do eventually make. This is esp important for OHE since I'll have to travel to get the glyphs for anything other then cutlasses or daggers, which I'm already pretty sure would be a waste of the slabs.

Anyways, I've rambled on long enough, I'd appreciate it if any OHE or Blunt using Paladins would chime in with which of those weapons (mace, morning star, broadsword, falchion, etc) they prefer to swing.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/23/2018 04:51 PM CDT
Handaxe. Think Ambraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Chad, player of a few
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/23/2018 07:06 PM CDT
I'm a fan of blunt weapons because you can have knockout flares added to them on top of your 1604 flares. Plus crush damage is best for a bushing the head.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/24/2018 08:41 AM CDT
"Think 'Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter'." -- Zendada (with fixes by Me)

Show of hands: who has killed something vampiric in-game?
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/24/2018 11:23 AM CDT
Do vesperti count?

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/24/2018 11:39 AM CDT
No, you need the noun (vampire) or adjective (vampiric).

(It was a trick question...)

My best guess is, "one", because Krakii whacked some of "a vampiric werewolf" in the blood lord invasion in... mid-to-late 1994(???).
I know I had learned Bind, so I was probably in the mid-20s (got Raise first), and the blood lords were about 45-50th level based on the BAR results I was seeing.

Though I'd be willing to believe that Certain, Dara, and a few other old-timers may have been there that evening, too. (Erek was probably staff already, not sure about Elysia.)
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/25/2018 05:59 AM CDT
I killed Varevice.... a few times... does that count?
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/25/2018 08:19 AM CDT
::Whacks Krakii with a rolled-up newspaper::

Thank you to the couple that responded before the thread was derailed.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/25/2018 10:29 AM CDT
I think your top 3 options are handaxe, morning star and mace. Handaxe and morning star for high damage factors and mace for good damage factor, speed and crush only for ambushing.

There are some other options that would be good(bastard sword, falchion, warhammer) but they are probably not as popular as those three.
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/25/2018 11:13 AM CDT
Yer, looks like I'm going to hold onto those slabs til I get around to training in blunts.... I REALLY don't feel like traveling to EN just to get the glyphs for handaxes.

Starchitin

Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/26/2018 04:27 PM CDT
<poke Starchitin>

I preferred the morningstar for damage, but I was not averse to using a mace. And I've been known to take a warhammer for a spin.
Try to avoid the truncheon--despite the cool name--because it's basically a club. :(

One of the things I had the most problem with was the number of Krush weapons that did Puncture crits... and the number of creatures that were immune to Punctures. Thanksfully, this is now less of an issue because they've been switching away from 'immune'.
Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/26/2018 06:48 PM CDT
<One of the things I had the most problem with was the number of Krush weapons that did Puncture crits... >

Yea, my ranger has the same problem with puncture weapons also doing slash... I've actually considered switching her to brawling so she can use sais.

Starchitin

Re: OHE/Blunt users 03/28/2018 08:57 AM CDT
Agreed, mace for the crush.