Conflict between guiding light flares and +TD bonus 03/24/2014 04:55 PM CDT

So in planning for CCF this upcoming weekend I wanted to itemize my list of what items would go with each service so I'd be prepared. For the +TD service there was only one item that I was going to consider using, a sanctified tower shield that my brother's paladin uses to good effect. But not wanting to lose guiding light flares I went out and did some testing. Having won a sancted/+td large shield from EG13 I quickly found out...you can't have both guiding light flares and TD. I knew TD took the flare/weighting spot so this wasn't surprising to confirm, but at the same time it is a bit sad.

Has there ever been talk or suggestions of a new way to represent bonuses like +TD, or say defender weapons which both take up the bless/flaring/weighting/padding location on an item that excludes the rest? I realize at some point you might give the ability to simply stack too many different bonuses onto a single item.

Any endgame shield using paladins care to chime in? TD honestly hasn't been much of an issue, but it would have been fun to improve the usefullness of that item with another 10 TD just in case a grizzled sentry rolls lucky. Neither of us has ventured into the scatter yet so unsure how much TD would be overkill.
Re: Conflict between guiding light flares and +TD bonus 03/25/2014 02:49 AM CDT
Siphons cast 450-470 that I've seen and liches can cast a bit above 500 at times.
Re: Conflict between guiding light flares and +TD bonus 03/31/2014 01:59 PM CDT
Uh, how about making guiding light flares like holy water flares? Then it doesn't go into this category "B" where other normal flares, weighting, and TD go (and should all stay).

Then pull auto-1608 off of Sanctify. That way people can still hunt in the Bowels, and we have to refresh the spell as an additional upkeep for adding the flares on top of other stuff.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Conflict between guiding light flares and +TD bonus 03/31/2014 03:04 PM CDT
Then pull auto-1608 off of Sanctify. That way people can still hunt in the Bowels, and we have to refresh the spell as an additional upkeep for adding the flares on top of other stuff.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

This is an interesting suggestion. Applying it as a "bane-like" effect rather than straight up flares could be neat. Will have to chew on that a bit before I comment more. Neat idea though.

Dgry