To play using the Wizard client, simply download... 05/22/2011 07:09 PM CDT
"To play using the Wizard client, simply download and install the Simutronics Game Launcher. Select "Wizard" as your client on the play page and the Launcher will download the software automatically for you. You only need to install the Launcher once for it to work!"

Does not work with latest version of Ubuntu/Wine. Please add a link to directly download the WizardFE rather than having it auto download/install when you run the Launcher.

Thank you.

~Ifor, the tone deaf bard

Give a man a torch, he will be warm for an hour. Light a man of fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: To play using the Wizard client, simply download... 05/23/2011 08:36 AM CDT
This may not help, but you can try using my game entry software to download the Wizard FE and get it installed even if you don't use it beyond that.

It works just like the normal SGE. Just select the "Wizard FE" option when selecting a character, and when you continue you should be prompted to download a new version.

It's possible that whatever is preventing the Launcher from working may also prevent this, though. I'm guessing something in your network stack changed and is now preventing the download.

http://www.resequenced.net/projects/gameentry/

--
Naos

I'm immune to fire! Now with more banhammer! You sense the bond between you and your grey cat grow stronger.
Re: To play using the Wizard client, simply download... 12/14/2012 03:27 PM CST
I am getting a create process failed with error code 2 when I download and attempt to run the SGE Any ideas? Am on Windows 7 now.
Re: To play using the Wizard client, simply download... 12/14/2012 05:13 PM CST

You might have to run that in Virtual XP mode on windows 7 to get it work correctly.

Windows 7 does not take kindly to old software.