Help with say verbs and tones scripts and... 03/25/2015 10:33 PM CDT

I want to use a script to cut down on typing to use say tones and verbs '=urge :haughty <message> as an example. I'd like to just type .urge and have it prompt me for the message.

Also the wizard cript and macro help file available somewhere? It did not D/L with the wizard when I installed?

Re: Help with say verbs and tones scripts and... 03/25/2015 11:21 PM CDT
The Wizard FE has a help file that is imbedded in the download. You access it from the HELP menu -> On the Wizard.

There is a short link there about scripting with the engine in the Wizard FE. This same link has Macro building information as well. Unfortunately, it's a bit buried, but you can access it directly by clicking on the INDEX button of the help file.

There is also a pretty good script reference here: http://www.play.net/playdotnet/play/stormfront_scripting.asp

While the reference is targeted for the Stormfront FE, it is still a great general reference for the Wizard. Those commands that do not work with the Wizard FE are clearly delineated.

The best way to learn might be to follow examples from the players who created scripts. A good general reference might be here: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Scripts

Keep in mind that most scripts made by players today are made for the LICH engine, a third party addon that works with all front ends. I'm very confident you can do what you want to do with simple Wizard macros, and perhaps scripting, but as your needs grow, you might find it limiting - so keep that in mind as you learn and progress.

Good luck!

Doug
Re: Help with say verbs and tones scripts and... 03/25/2015 11:49 PM CDT

Thanks Doug, yes I thought that the help file didn't download, but actually I just had to download the reader for my version of windows. Although no whiz bang script writer, I already have probably 50 or more short scripts that I have written. Its just been a long time and I'm trying to continue to add to them.

As for lich, I gotta say I love it! Currently using go2,narost,sorter,useherb,bundleall and probably 1 or two more. I don't like to automate combat by using a hunting bot, but I like to shorten my typing so I have a lot of short scripts .l stow left, .r stow right, .dl drop left .leech leeches my first user set variable .leech2 my second.... that type of thing.

Now that I have the actual wizard help file and your links to other useful material I'll be up and running with say verbs and tones shortly.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Help with say verbs and tones scripts and... 03/26/2015 12:57 AM CDT
Anytime. And yes, I agree - go2 and narost alone are game changers.

Doug