Highlighting issue 03/17/2015 08:06 PM CDT

Wondering if anyone has had an issue highlighting names in the Wizard FE. Configuration, text strings, name, new, type in name, apply coloring, click Apply and then OK. Go to check if the name has been highlighted, and it hasn't been. Frustrated. Spoke to a GM who was unable to help me and suggested I come here. Any ideas??
Re: Highlighting issue 03/17/2015 09:23 PM CDT
Be sure to "save configuration" after you make changes to the text strings.

Also, check to make sure you have the available kb space allocated to those strings, which really shouldn't be a problem initially, but I've noticed that on a couple of my older profiles that my strings don't save successfully because I've got too many of them.

~ Bill, Coyote.

The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.
~ Voltaire
Re: Highlighting issue 03/18/2015 03:10 AM CDT
It's been more than a decade since I used the Wizard, but I recall that the "Names" part of highlighting was always janky. I never investigated it further, but I recall resorting to putting character names under the regular strings as the solution.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Highlighting issue 03/19/2015 11:22 AM CDT
I use this feature without issue. The steps you listed are the exact steps that I follow to add a new name highlight and the highlight should take effect immediately after you click OK (the next time you LOOK or the name comes up for some other reason).

There is a limit to the number of names you can have highlighted (see Bytes left when you are on the screen where you can click New). Depending on how much you use this feature maybe you need to clear out some old names to make some room?

Also, as a test maybe try using 'Global Names' instead of 'Names' and see if that works for you (Global names works for all characters and uses a different buffer for storing the names list so may not be full).

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."