Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/11/2013 04:38 PM CDT
So I replaced my PC and am now running Windows 8. How do I get all my highlights, scripts, configurations, etc. restored?

I logged into the game once and expected to see some SIMU files on my PC after logging out. I don't see any?

Last time I replaced my PC I just dropped all my .His, .Nam, .Colors, etc. files into the SIMU folder that was created. Then when I logged in again all my stuff was there.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/11/2013 11:34 PM CDT
Are you still using Wizard?

If yes, you can copy the files directly over to the new system in the appropriate directory.

If no, you will have to convert them. I believe there's a conversion utility in the download area, but I have no experience with it, so perhaps someone else can tackle the tricks and foibles.

Doug
Re: Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/12/2013 07:24 PM CDT
Yep, still trying to use Wizard. When you say "the appropriate folder", that is my issue. No SIMU folder was created so I am not sure what full path name I need to create to put my files in.

For scripts, should I just create a SIMU\Wizard\Gemstone\Scripts folder and dump my scripts there?

What file should I put where so my highlighted names and strings for the Olgretien character are available when I log in as Olgretien?

BTW Doug, thanks for responding in multiple folders and trying to help, much appreciated.

Jay
Re: Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/12/2013 08:37 PM CDT
Always happy to help when I can.

When you log in, do you get the Wizard? I'm presuming yes, but where it installed can be tricky to hunt down. I don't have my Win8 platform available to me at this exact moment, so I can't tell you where it goes by default. Memory's going.

At any rate, I'd suggest you look in C:\program files and C:\users\yourname\downloads or documents. I suspect it will be in one of these three locations.

When you do find it, the CHARNAME.* files (there should be 7 total) get copied into the SIMU\Wizard\Gemstone folder. And yes, your scripts that are Wizard scripts should be placed in the SUMU\Wizard\Gemstone\Scripts folder.

Then when you log in with Wizard, you should find things back to a reasonable semblance. You may also have a .LAY file (layout), which you can load from the Wizard to reset your layout to your previous saved layout -- presuming you saved a layout at sometime. This file goes in the same directory your CHARNAME files went (SIMU\Wizard\Gemstone)

I'll check back when I get my Win8 platform back, and follow up with you if you haven't found it by then, Jay. And look forward to seeing Olgretien in game!

Doug
Re: Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/13/2013 10:47 PM CDT
I did a search to find out where the autologs where being saved and found them in c:\users\name\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files(x86)\simu\wizard\gemstone. Dropped my Olgretien.* files in there and viola!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Jay.
Re: Highlights, Scripts, Configurations 04/13/2013 10:53 PM CDT
Excellent, Jay!

See you in game.

Doug