why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/28/2011 08:37 PM CDT

I got a new computer so im running windows 7 with wizard now . I notice that when I add a name to be highlighted it doesnt stick after I close the game. I think this was happening with windows xp too though is there a limit on how many names we can have highlighted and I just hit it at after all these years of playing? Please help me this is annoying.
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/29/2011 05:23 AM CDT

I had that happen a few times myself ( new laptop with windows 7 ). Never used to, but now after I highlight a name, I click on Save Configuration.
Been a few months now and all names still bright!

Ralph/Goldstr
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/29/2011 04:57 PM CDT

thanks for the tip
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/29/2011 07:14 PM CDT

unfortunatly that did not work
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/29/2011 07:36 PM CDT

maybe I should ad im using lich?
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/29/2011 10:01 PM CDT

bottom line I can't make any cahnges stick to it even removing a name. I tried taking out a name and then adding one yes I clicked apply even did the save config thing. Closed down and started back up STILL no new name and the old one was back this is really ticking me off makes me not want to play.
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/30/2011 02:54 AM CDT
I suspect that your Wizard preference files have somehow been set read-only, which might have happened when you brought your old files over to your new computer. When that happens you can still play normally, but any changes are lost when you close the program. Navigate your way to the Simu/Wizard/Gemstone folder (wherever you installed it), select everything in the directory and right-click on one of them, select "Properties," and make sure that the "Read Only" checkbox is entirely clear. Nothing in the folder should have "Read Only" set.
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/30/2011 04:28 AM CDT

mmm u were right about the names folder being read only i changed that but now my lich doesn't want to start the game
Re: why do the highlighted names get deleted? 09/30/2011 10:21 AM CDT

think that was just a bad coincidence couldn't connect to your website either for awhile. Looks like the name deal is fixed thank you.