Any way to delete a character profile? 09/14/2011 07:44 PM CDT
Hiya,
Is there any way to delete a character profile? I have an option to create new ones but I have created some bogus profiles by mistake and cannot figure out how to delete them. I think they have knocked some of my legit profiles off the list so that I cannot see them any longer. I can't seem to find the place that the profiles might be stored on my hard drive. Could they be stored on the Simu server? Please help, I'm confused and I've lost a profile for one of my main characters.
Thanks
Re: Any way to delete a character profile? 09/14/2011 09:06 PM CDT
On standard Wizard installations, you'll find a bunch of files in this directory.

c:\Program Files\simu\wizard\gemstone

You'll notice your characters' names, and several extensions like .mac (for macros), .squ (for squelches) and so on.

If you opt to, you can delete the appropriate files by selecting all the files for 'charname' and hitting the delete key. You can repeat this process to remove any characters from your profile list that you don't want to see any longer.

What I'd seriously recommend you do, though, is create a temporary directory, and drag the files into it. Use your desktop for this, and if you're satisfied with what you get, after a couple of gaming sessions, then you can delete the temporary directory. Or, if you need to, you can copy the correct character's files back into the Wizard\Gemstone directory to restore the listing to your Wizard profile list.

Doug
Re: Any way to delete a character profile? 09/16/2011 09:13 PM CDT
Doug, thanks for the information! For some reason nothing was getting placed in that directory. I could not figure out where the information was being stored. That is why I had thought it was being stored on Simu's server. The issue is probably related to the fact that I could not find logs that were supposedly getting generated either. I also have not been able to create and use scripts via the wizard fe (I have to switch back and forth between wizard and stormfront to use scripts). I ended up loading and trying out that lich software and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is working correctly...things are getting stored to that directory, logs are being created and I can script in wizard again (woo hoo!). I ended up losing all my original settings for my two main characters (:frown:) but I'm really happy with this new setup. Robert
Re: Any way to delete a character profile? 09/16/2011 09:19 PM CDT
Robert, that's good news after a fashion!

Don't hesitate to come back and holler if something else happens. And in the meantime, enjoy!

Doug