History of Adreanna and Rathyn 10/16/2012 11:39 PM CDT
Quite some years ago, Kaldonis found a rather curious box. Below are details of its contents.

>hands

You have a small chased silver box in your right hand.

>look box

The box is apparently of fine quality, but has been recently been battered and scratched. A flaking, dull brown stain covers the lid.

>open box

You open a small chased silver box.

>look in my box

In the chased silver box you see a folded piece of ribbon, an elegantly addressed envelope and a lock of silky auburn hair.

>get ribbon

You remove a folded piece of ribbon from in your chased silver box.

>look ribbon

The ribbon has been carefully folded, but shows much wear, as if frequently handled or carried. The ribbon has been dyed a cornflower blue and gives off a faint scent of honeysuckle.

>put ribbon in my box

You put a folded piece of ribbon in your chased silver box.

>get hair

You remove a lock of silky auburn hair from in your chased silver box.

>look hair

You see nothing unusual.

>put hair in my box

You put a lock of silky auburn hair in your chased silver box.

>get envelope

You remove an elegantly addressed envelope from in your chased silver box.

>stow r

You put a small chased silver box in your small metal case.

>look envelope

You see nothing unusual.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read envelope

In the Common language, it reads:
Adreanna

>open envelope

You open an elegantly addressed envelope.

>look in envelope

In the addressed envelope you see a crisply folded letter.

>get letter

You remove a crisply folded letter from in your addressed envelope.

>look letter

You see nothing unusual.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read letter

In the Common language, it reads:
My dearest Adreanna,
My business here will end shortly and then I can finally make my way back to your side. Oh how I have missed you, your bright eyes and musical laugh. Your faith in me has upheld me every day through these dark times. I swear to you that I will make all this up to you upon my return. Stay strong my love, and I will soon hold you in my arms again.
Your devoted Rathyn

>put letter in my envelope

You put a crisply folded letter in your addressed envelope.

>close envelope

You close an elegantly addressed envelope.

>get my box

You remove a small chased silver box from in your small metal case.

>put envelope in my box

You put an elegantly addressed envelope in your chased silver box.

>close my box

You close a small chased silver box.

Over the years, I never managed to discover anything about the two lovers or the history of the items. From the context of the letter, the stain on the lid of the box (which could perhaps be blood), and the fact that it was found on a creature, one can tentatively assume Rathyn was killed. I was informed on the amulet a long time ago that someone had the character names involved highlighted as GM PCs, but I've never seen or heard tell of either one since finding the box.

Perhaps I should have taken up this quest years ago by posting on the forums when I found the box There are no loresongs to any of the items, and very little to go on aside from the box itself. I'm curious to know the history and fate of these lovers.

Does this topic pique the interest of any priest or priestess of Oleani? If so, perhaps we can plan a Commune. Of course it would be nice to have more than two of us involved, so anyone else's input or contribution is welcome.

As to tentative location for the event, owing to Planar Shift, Kaldonis is pleased to travel to any realm. Obviously any shrine to Oleani is an obvious choice. Personally, I think the sandy point in River's Rest could be a suitable choice, owing to its being haunted by the tragic lovers Estamil and Tandrik. The story of Adreanna and Rathyn likely has nothing to do with those two, but I put the idea out there for starters.

~daid (player of Kaldonis)
Re: History of Adreanna and Rathyn 12/12/2012 07:46 PM CST
Bump.

Since I'm stubborn to imagine this topic wouldn't pique someone's interest, is Oleani really so unpopular? Granted, I've had the box for more than a decade, so what's another two months...

Might start try to stretch my imagination for other Arkati/Spirits which might be related, although I really think Oleani is the proper choice.

~daid (player of Kaldonis)
Re: History of Adreanna and Rathyn 12/13/2012 02:26 AM CST
Have you tried posting in the PC for a response?

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: History of Adreanna and Rathyn 12/13/2012 10:09 AM CST
I checked our GM resources...and found nothing for the two.

That doesn't mean the two aren't related to some storyline or another, but it's always possible that the box, its contents, were just a tragic and sweet creation meant to be found and enjoyed. A tale of two lovers and might have beens.

GM Scribes
Re: History of Adreanna and Rathyn 12/28/2013 05:11 PM CST
Check the shrine in Icemule south of the west gate, the one with the girl crying over a lost love see if the ribbon matches her