Spell 150 02/13/2011 09:49 PM CST
Curious if there was any movement on filling the 50th level spell since wall of force was moved to 40th way back.

Vrair
Re: Spell 150 02/13/2011 09:54 PM CST
Here's a fun fact! GMs have stated that there are no plans to fill the 50th level slots of either of the Minor spell circles. While a GM hasn't specifically said it, I doubt they have plans to fill the 50th level slots in the Major circles either. It doesn't mean they will NEVER be filled, but it does mean they aren't even attempting to come up with anything at this current time.

If I am wrong, which I hope I am, a name in red can come along and correct me.
Re: Spell 150 02/14/2011 03:09 PM CST
I don't believe you are wrong. I saw the same post.

~Galenok
Re: Spell 150 02/14/2011 09:23 PM CST
So, basically the plan is to never fill them? That sounds just a little apocalyptic.
Re: Spell 150 02/14/2011 09:28 PM CST
>So, basically the plan is to never fill them?

From what I remember being said, 150 and 450 were not even considered open spell slots to fill (another reason sorcerers get the shaft). The other 50's will be filled eventually, they just don't have immediate plans for them.

- Greminty
Re: Spell 150 04/18/2014 07:17 PM CDT
I know this thread is really old but I was thinking about what a Minor Spirit 150 spell could be. Just going to put the idea down even though it may never be implemented.

How about an invisible spirit servant that randomly intervenes in the caster's actions?

Perhaps it would add DS to the caster against a terrible blow or add AS for the caster at a random time? Perhaps it would blink the caster to a safe place in a near death situation or relieve them of a stun or roundtime? Perhaps it randomly offers more TD to the caster against a cast or more CS to the caster on a cast.

Perhaps it randomly casts AOE web or call lightning in combat situations without using the caster's mana? Or any other Minor Spirit spell that would be needed depending on the condition of the caster? Perhaps it replaces dispelled spells?

Chad, player of a few
Re: Spell 150 04/18/2014 08:37 PM CDT
I always thought I would be cool to have a minor spirit spell that would pin a creature and pummel it to death. A little a like a hostile 102 with a touch of 110. Perhaps with a high enough warding, a lightning bolt would finish the creature off.

Maybe it could be enhanced by actually running 102 on yourself, so the spell isn't starting at zero, so to speak.

A mass version of the spell would be available if 102 is currently running on your character, but in this case, it is like a spirit version of 410. Something not so friendly grabbing the creatures and holding them down as opposed to raw elemental energy. In the case of non-corporeal undead, maybe it would repel them to the next room, like a psychic stinkbomb.

Magarven the Mad