102 08/08/2017 08:34 PM CDT
The wiki says that 102 reduces melee AS and specifically mentions bolt AS being unaffected, but doesn't say anything about ranged. Is ranged AS (bows/crossbows) really unaffected or do I need to go edit the article to make it more clear.

I was debating whether to start getting through 103 with my rogue now or wait til closer to cap when I checked and the answer could tip the balance either way...

Starchitin

PS While I'm at it.... does anyone know how it interacts with thrown, just out of curiosity....

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 102 08/09/2017 06:25 AM CDT
The official page linked from the wiki clearly states that it applies to ranged. The wiki is ambiguous though I don't know whether this is due to player testing or maladroit paraphrasing of the official page. It ought to have been noted on the history if it was changed from the official wording as a result of a player test, but its not noted on any revision. From the description it should also apply to thrown, but its not clearly stated anywhere.

Its a problem with the wiki, precise wording in the official description gets smoothed out by a player that doesn't realise it was written that way for good reason, and the reliability of spell descriptions is degrading over time since they stopped being written by GMs.
Re: 102 08/09/2017 08:30 AM CDT

Rathboner - if you would like to help get the wiki and play.net in line to make sure the most accurate version is there (usually a combination of the two), please let me know
Re: 102 08/09/2017 12:01 PM CDT
<The wiki is ambiguous though I don't know whether this is due to player testing or maladroit paraphrasing of the official page.>

Ugh.... I didn't bother looking at the official page because what was on the wiki looked like a cut/paste of the official description. I'd thought I'd remembered ranged being mentioned in it too.... well that won't happen again.

I'm going over there now and editing it to be more clear. I doubt it was player testing, comparing revisions shows it seems to have happened when the formatting was cleaned up.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 102 08/09/2017 02:17 PM CDT
102 does affect ranged. The article should hopefully be clearer now.

Sometimes the original documentation is out of date or misleading so I don't feel there is a "general" issue, it's good to strive for more clarity and in any case anyone can edit the pages. The old documentation for 102, for instance, is actually worded imprecisely when it says "the caster will receive a +20 to Defensive Strength" because the effect is applied to the target when not self-cast.