130 went wacky 12/26/2016 11:24 PM CST
so this happened when casting 130 in town

[Golvern Street]
As you wander among the small shops lining this cobblestone street, the ear-splitting curses of a spluttering dwarf assault your ears. He stands in front of a cart, thrashing his arms in the air and berating his bored-looking burro. The other dwarves who amble by afford him a wide berth.
Also here: the body of Rivalyn who is lying down, Kailii who is kneeling
Obvious paths: east, west

J>130
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit Guide spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
But you are already there!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
J>
[Dragonspine and Golvern]
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see a stout dwarven priestess and a squalid canvas pavilion.
Also here: the body of Rivalyn who is lying down, Kailii
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
J>
[Dragonspine and Imflass]
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares. You also see a wrought iron braced haon barrel.
Also here: the body of Rivalyn who is lying down, Kailii
J>
[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign and a stone bin.
Also here: the body of Rivalyn who is lying down, Kailii, Ambassador Ardwen, Vishra
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 10:51 AM CST
Can you elaborate on what the issue is?

GameMaster Estild
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 10:56 AM CST

>Can you elaborate on what the issue is?

Well, we start off in one room, which is a drop point ("But you are already there!"), then instantly move to another room ([Dragonspine and Golvern],no recasting), then another room ([Dragonspine and Imflass], again no recasting), and then finally stop at the statue. I didn't see the group leader move, so I assumed it was from the cast, don't you usually see the group leader move?
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 11:53 AM CST
VANKRASN39
Well, we start off in one room, which is a drop point ("But you are already there!"), then instantly move to another room ([Dragonspine and Golvern],no recasting), then another room ([Dragonspine and Imflass], again no recasting), and then finally stop at the statue. I didn't see the group leader move, so I assumed it was from the cast, don't you usually see the group leader move?

The "you are already there!" message is normal. But it's be next to impossible for 130 to move you from room to room like that, so looks like it's a bug with group following code. Was Kailii the leader? And I assume you, Kailii, or both were dragging the corpse?

GameMaster Estild
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 12:03 PM CST

>Was Kailii the leader?
Yes

>And I assume you, Kailii, or both were dragging the corpse?
Kailii was dragging, I was slow and confused.
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 12:05 PM CST
>don't you usually see the group leader move?

Group dragging is buggy. I forget all the edge cases where the message fails to fire, but I think if you're joined, not the leader, and nobody is assisting the leader with a drag, you might not see a drag message.

Since it seems like people in general don't notice dragging issues, here's what I've seen from doing many, many rescues. Maybe it'll help some GMs streamline the system.

Many times you might think you're helping drag, but many times you're actually not. I've never tried to debug the issue myself, but it's easy to have a body as your dragging target, be joined to someone who is dragging the same body, and not actually be lending a hand.

If you think you're helping drag, the leader is pausing for RT, and you're not getting RT, you're probably not helping drag. If you're not getting a message about lending your strength on every room transition, you're not helping drag. Even if you typed DRAG DEADER already.

Sometimes you can be helping drag and stop midway through. I assume fogging and/or some scripted portals are to blame.

It's a lot better than the old system, but it's still a little weird.
Re: 130 went wacky 12/27/2016 12:06 PM CST
Oh hey, I walked away to eat lunch and more replies appeared. Sorry if I repeated what's already said.