Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/13/2015 12:26 AM CDT
These are now on a schedule with my allergy shots.

How does summoning lore decrease the random range of the landing location?
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/16/2015 11:39 PM CDT
VANKRASN39
How does summoning lore decrease the random range of the landing location?

When Spirit Guide (130) is cast, there are 15 possible locations (with many repeating) for each realm where you can land. The locations are ordered so the more desirable locations are at the top of the list (lower number being better). First, it randoms between the first 7 rooms. If a Wizard or Bard is casting the spell, 5 is added to the result, while everyone else gets -1 for every 30 Minor Spiritual spell ranks they know. Clerics with Prayer (313) active get a random 0 to 3 modifier removed from their result. If the result is <= 0, it randoms again from 0 to 4. Lastly, a ((seed 10 summation of your Spiritual Lore, Spirit Summoning ranks) / 2) is subtracted from the result. The resulting number is the room location on the list where you land.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 12:19 AM CDT

I knew this one would be weird. clerics only for 313? 15 "locations" might actually be 4 actual rooms with a different number of location possibilities assigned?

I don't use 130 that often, but when I did, and it was after the update, there didn't seem like there were 15 different rooms possibilities for landing in.

sorry if this post makes no sense.
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 09:13 AM CDT
So you have a formula that produces a result between 0 and 12 with a possible 15 'locations'. Are there any negative modifiers which could ever result in getting to 'locations' 13-15 (understanding that these may be repeats of locations earlier in the list).

Bonus question: Are there any areas not normally accessible in the game that can be reached via an exceptionally unlucky/bad 130 result?

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 10:27 AM CDT
More important question: why are dev GM sadistic in their algorithms? Just imagine trying to reverse engineer this!

Hehehehe.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 02:15 PM CDT
<<<Clerics with Prayer (313) active get a random 0 to 3 modifier removed from their result.>>>

To be clear, other professions with Prayer (313) active do not receive this modifier? If that is the case, I wonder if it would be possible to reconsider this and allow 313 to provide the bonus to others. Only seems fair. :)

~ GtG
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 11:34 PM CDT
Prayer scrolls are awesome! I don't mind another minor perk.

Also, too bad I've been running around with 20 summoning ranks for lord knows how long. I needed 21 to hit the first threshold of 130 (assuming it truncates the part which divides by 2).

But I won't be too shocked if Prayer only works for clerics. Definite lolz over an inherent penalty to bards and wizards for this spell. How many wizards and bards in the game have ever cast this spell?!

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/17/2015 11:41 PM CDT
Oh, one or two.

Some of those cheat, significantly, though!

Doug
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/18/2015 04:06 PM CDT
In most cases, I'm not going to answer specific posts that ask for clarification, usually, because my original post already explicitly specified the relevant details. For example, I had posted that "Clerics with Prayer (313) active". You don't need to ask if that means if anyone with Prayer active gets the same bonus - it doesn't because they're not everyone is a Cleric. Another example, as noted before, there are technically 15 slots/rooms to land in when casting Spirit Guide (130), but you'll notice from the math, it's actually not possible to land in the last slot/room based upon the formula, but that room does exist even if the formula never resolves to it. If I notice a trend of something being incorrectly assumed, I'll usually post to correct said information, but other than that, this process is already very time consuming.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/18/2015 04:25 PM CDT
Thanks Estild. Completely makes sense!

I was still hoping there was a way to get to a 'new' place only through really bad luck though. It's fun to find new places that way!

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/18/2015 04:40 PM CDT
As always, we appreciate the deobfuscation of game mechanics.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/18/2015 09:08 PM CDT
<<<I had posted that "Clerics with Prayer (313) active". You don't need to ask if that means if anyone with Prayer active gets the same bonus - it doesn't because they're not everyone is a Cleric.>>>

Understood. Sometimes with our wiggly English language, it's difficult to tell how literal a statement is meant to be. Since 313 is a cleric spell, not routinely available to other classes without uncommon magical means, a less detail-oriented person might say "clerics" when, in fact, the effect is the same for other classes. The original statement didn't say only clerics, leaving the potential for ambiguity. In any event...thank you for clearing that up. It is appreciated. :)

~ GtG
Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/19/2015 02:07 AM CDT
If my halfling eats too many tarts, does his chance for barfing all over after Spirit Guide increase (too many tarts) or decrease (he isn't so queasy)?

Re: Spirit Guide - For Estild 05/19/2015 05:41 AM CDT
Since he ate too many, it must increase. Unless of course he actually wants to barf, in which case eating too many would stop it.

However, this is, like the 15th room, purely theoretical. In practice it is impossible for a halfling to eat too many tarts.