Locate Person (116) And Vision (1217) Update 03/23/2015 11:26 PM CDT
Locate Person (116) and Vision (1217) have been updated so that casters with 90 ranks or more of the appropriate lore can now reach players in quest areas, assuming those rooms are not specifically flagged to block such magic. e.g. A Cleric with 90 ranks of Spiritual Lore, Spirit Summoning can now locate someone within Duskruin Arena from anywhere in the game.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Locate Person (116) And Vision (1217) Update 03/24/2015 05:19 AM CDT
Thank you very much, Estild.

I love this update.

You only mention locating IN. Does this work in the opposite direction as well?

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Locate Person (116) And Vision (1217) Update 03/24/2015 11:32 AM CDT
That's cool!

Increasing summoning lore for locate (and a number of other benefits) is on the docket for my sorcerer as he approaches cap. Actually umm...I have a very interesting RP idea related with that but I won't spoil it now. (Hint: it's inspired from the film Time Bandits)

I'd still like to see flags for local/global death messages, and/or information in the death message indicating the realm. The main downside or trick here is the multiple realms on the Solhaven Trail and Icemule Trails (at least, in my humble opinion).

I don't seem to think it's a downside to the lore training for Locate (e.g. giving people a free advantage without training something), and in fact I think it makes it more powerful (since you don't need to waste mana wondering if someone is hunting Castle Varunar when sitting in TSC, or whatever). In fact, if something like game balance is part of the issue to approve the idea, I'd also be quite okay if it depended on lore training and/or required knowing certain spells.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes