spirit fog 03/03/2014 09:48 PM CST

I have meant to post on this before, but had a situation come up today that reminded me...

You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit Fog spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You gesture.
A dense fog gathers around you and soon fills the area. Wispy grey tendrils writhe as they climb around your form until you are completely enshrouded in the mist. You feel confident that no one can see you behind your mask of fog.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
H>hide
A tad paranoid, aren't we?
H>hide
A tad paranoid, aren't we?
H>
The fog enshrouding you drifts off your form and gathers with the rest in the area. Your location is revealed.

This is really annoying, that anyone with stealth or good hiding skills cannot stay hidden by hiding. It really doesnt make practical sense either. If I am magically hidden by the fog, and wish to stay hidden there should be no reason I cant at least try to. It would be very nice to see that changed so that there is at least a roll to determine when the fog clears if I can stay hidden because I tried to hide while it was in effect.
Re: spirit fog 03/05/2014 10:32 AM CST
GILBERTJ26
This is really annoying, that anyone with stealth or good hiding skills cannot stay hidden by hiding. It really doesnt make practical sense either. If I am magically hidden by the fog, and wish to stay hidden there should be no reason I cant at least try to. It would be very nice to see that changed so that there is at least a roll to determine when the fog clears if I can stay hidden because I tried to hide while it was in effect.

It's now possible to try to HIDE while under the effects of the fog concealment. If you succeed, you will not be removed from hiding when the fog clears. If you fail, others may notice your attempt and can POINT you out, but you'll stay hidden in the fog until it clears and you're otherwise free to try to hide again.

GameMaster Estild
Re: spirit fog 03/06/2014 07:23 PM CST

Most awsome! thank you!