disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 05:53 PM CST

I am not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but if it is on purpose it makes zero sense.

I have both resistance spells in my own spell list, and I can self cast them to stack up to the limit. However if someone else casts one of those spells on me, my self cast misfires and I cannot stack on there spell beyond their one cast. I have to wait for that one cast to completely die before I can successfully self cast the same spell at all.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 06:34 PM CST
<I have to wait for that one cast to completely die

Can't you just STOP 104/105 and then cast them yourself?
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 06:46 PM CST
This also happens if you use Voln symbol of recall. When trying to stack more on top of the recalled 104 or 105 there is a spell misfire.

Chad, player of a few
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 07:21 PM CST
It probably has to do with the caster having more blessing lore than you. You can't get a +40 version from a cleric with oodles of blessing lore and then keep it indefinitely by casts from someone without the lore.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 07:29 PM CST

<Can't you just STOP 104/105 and then cast them yourself?>

I probably can, but when out hunting during an invasion and you see the spell is about to drop is not a real convenient time to do that. Aside from the point that this would be no different then if Mage A, cast one cast of strength on mage B because mage B was out of mana, yet Mage B cannot cast strength on himself at all, until mage As spell wore off.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/01/2013 07:43 PM CST

It probably has to do with the caster having more blessing lore than you. You can't get a +40 version from a cleric with oodles of blessing lore and then keep it indefinitely by casts from someone without the lore.

If that is the case then the spell should only cast at the recipients lore level. so that a 40 minute cast doesn't keep the recipient from being able to stack the spell. That is how all the elemental's and other spells work. Otherwise you would have a mess every time someone cast mass spells or any share-able spells. The lore or skill benefit of the caster does not pass on to the recipient other then duration for any other spells.

Blessing is not a defensive spell cast on another, and it is still basically a duration spell by so many swings. Its an offensive spell that is transferred to anothers weapon.

I agree with what your saying an that is probably exactly what it is, however it shouldnt be with a purely defensive spell like many others that do not have the same effect.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 07:31 PM CST
As a comparison, the Blessing lore benefit of 107 wears off independently of the main spell. I've had someone cast an hour, then I'd cast an hour, have 2 hours duration, but then have the blessing benefit "go away" at once hour.

>"Walkar says, "Yes, too many kings never work. Especially when there's only one throne. It's a wicked game."
>Shameless plug.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 08:19 PM CST
<As a comparison, the Blessing lore benefit of 107 wears off independently of the main spell. I've had someone cast an hour, then I'd cast an hour, have 2 hours duration, but then have the blessing benefit "go away" at once hour>

I understand that

Maybe Im just not being clear, with all the 100 circle spells , all the ranger spells, and roughly 120 trains in the combined circles, and 80 lores between the summoning and spirit blessing, and close to cap.. I had a cleric that is capped cast 1 cast of 104 on me, as I was out of mana an wanted the spell at that moment. The clerics cast gave me 90 or so minutes. I later tried to cast my own 104 when I could see I was getting down to about 40 minutes, because it is a stackable spell. My 104 misfired until the cleric's completely wore off. I could have refused her cast, and just cast my own in 2 minutes that would stack to 4 hours. There is something wonky about that, its not normal and it did not do that before the spell changes, 104 has always been stackable regardless of who cast it.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 08:46 PM CST
By any chance did you try and STOP 104?

I agree its wonky, but it can be worked around fairly simply enough.

>"Walkar says, "Yes, too many kings never work. Especially when there's only one throne. It's a wicked game."
>Shameless plug.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 08:51 PM CST

Yes after checking I can stop 104,(or at least my self cast, Can't say about another casting it. I don't think i'll experiment with that either if it does not work) however at the time when I discovered this it was in the middle of a swarm. Not the best place to try an figure that out.

SO yea there is a work around, but 104 was.. and still is supposed to be stackable no matter who casts it. I suspect its a bug now
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 08:59 PM CST
I had a cleric that is capped cast 1 cast of 104 on me, as I was out of mana an wanted the spell at that moment. The clerics cast gave me 90 or so minutes. I later tried to cast my own 104 when I could see I was getting down to about 40 minutes, because it is a stackable spell. My 104 misfired until the cleric's completely wore off. I could have refused her cast, and just cast my own in 2 minutes that would stack to 4 hours. There is something wonky about that, its not normal and it did not do that before the spell changes, 104 has always been stackable regardless of who cast it.

If I remember correctly, if your spell is less powerful (e.g. your self cast version of the spell provides a lower level of resistance on the second ward than the cleric cast spell) then your attempt to stack with the more powerful spell currently on you will fail. If your spell is as or more powerful then you would be able to successfully stack the spell.

-- Robert
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 10:55 PM CST

<If I remember correctly, if your spell is less powerful (e.g. your self cast version of the spell provides a lower level of resistance on the second ward than the cleric cast spell) then your attempt to stack with the more powerful spell currently on you will fail. If your spell is as or more powerful then you would be able to successfully stack the spell.

If that is so, then your correct, its just never happened before. Perhaps this was the one unique time in a decade it happened.
Re: disease resistance, and poison resist 03/02/2013 11:17 PM CST
Duration: 1200 seconds + 60 seconds for every Minor Spiritual rank known; cumulative

Type: Defense

Disease Resistance provides an additional spirit warding against any disease if the first one fails.

Training Spiritual Lore, Blessings will increase one's resistance on the second attempt to ward a disease. The rate of increase is +2 at 1 lore rank, and has a maximum of +38 at 190 lore ranks.

that is 104

This is 105

Duration: 1200 seconds + 60 seconds for every Minor Spiritual rank known; cumulative

Type: Defense

Target receives an additional spirit warding against any poison if the first one fails.

Training Spiritual Lore, Blessings will increase one's resistance on the second attempt to ward a poison. The rate of increase is +2 at 1 lore rank, and has a maximum of +38 at 190 lore ranks.
Some chests have poison needle traps. This spell can be helpful!

Notice 104 does not include;

Target receives an additional spirit warding against any poison if the first one fails.

and neither says the bonus is based on the casters lore when it is not self cast.