109 idea 01/26/2013 01:37 AM CST
Just sitting around thinking of spells for some odd reason, and I came up with this..

109, with lore or spell ranks or whatever, having a % chance to create a room effect that makes going invisible and fading more difficult for a short duration. Obviously it'd work against players, but my primary thought is for ithzir and creatures like them.

What do you all think?

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: 109 idea 01/26/2013 10:11 AM CST
I like it!

-- Robert
Re: 109 idea 01/26/2013 04:13 PM CST
I thought 704 already did that...

get a sorcerer to imbed it.

~Moredin
Re: 109 idea 01/26/2013 06:02 PM CST
704 is direct cast that requires a CSvTD resolution that only a sorcerer is likely to succeed with, I'm talking about a room effect.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: 109 idea 01/26/2013 06:35 PM CST
I would be down with lore for that effect. sounds like something perfect for that

Player of Malisai
Re: 109 idea 01/26/2013 06:48 PM CST

Just sitting around thinking of spells for some odd reason, and I came up with this..

109, with lore or spell ranks or whatever, having a % chance to create a room effect that makes going invisible and fading more difficult for a short duration. Obviously it'd work against players, but my primary thought is for ithzir and creatures like them.

What do you all think?

~James
Player of Septimius

I like the idea, even if it doesn't work on Ithzir phasing.

Just adding a short duration that would prevent creatures from turning invisible would make it worth casting. I don't cast it now because as soon as you use it to pull something out of the shadows, it turns invisible on the very next swing.

List of things it would be helpful for...
Lost souls, banshees, darkens, vereri?

Dgry
Re: 109 idea 01/27/2013 09:23 AM CST
Or if a critter is pulled from invisibility by it, it is stuck visible for a while. Summoning lore for a general pre-emptive effect, blessing lore for a persistent effect on a discovered target.
Re: 109 idea 03/01/2013 06:05 PM CST

Doesn't sunburst do this, along with the aimed effect? cast it at the critter, rather then just open cast? Or bind? web? dirtkick? stun them in any way? Sounds potentially? the Paladin spell to slow things?

I like the idea, but when I suggested the same thing for 102 as lores reducing the AS penalty it was balked at. This sounds like the same thing just reversed.