Brilliant idea didn't work 09/18/2012 03:15 PM CDT
So I was popping and blowing up boxes since there was no locksmith around AGAIN, and I had what I thought was a brilliant idea to save myself from picking up all my loot from the ground one piece at a time:

>prep 416
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Piercing Gaze spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my str
You gesture at a sturdy steel strongbox.
You gaze at the strongbox and see. . .

A sturdy steel strongbox which contains:
A yellow sapphire (in)
Some silver coins (in)

Peering closely into the lock, you spy a miniature sea-green glaes scarab wedged into the lock mechanism. The scarab's surface is etched with tiny runes that seem to writhe as the light strikes them.

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>l
[South River Road]
You can see some of the town inhabitants sunning themselves on the opposite bank of the river. In fact, the whole town looks to be a very restful and relaxed place. Local businesses and shops line the roads that you can see in town, displaying their goods for all to see. You also see a weathered haon chest, the Hesha disk and a patio entrance.
Obvious paths: northeast, west
>put str in che
You put a sturdy steel strongbox in a weathered haon chest that is on the ground.
>prep 125
You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to aid you with the Call Lightning spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast str
You gesture at a sturdy steel strongbox.
You notice a small cloud form over a sturdy steel strongbox.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>l in che
In the haon chest you see a sturdy steel strongbox and an engraved wooden strongbox.
>
You notice the storm cloud begin to churn rapidly!
>
The storm cloud begins to build into a thunderhead!
>
You hear the rumbling of thunder as the cloud turns an ominous dark hue!
>
Suddenly a lightning bolt explodes from the small thundercloud and strikes a sturdy steel strongbox with a brilliant flash! Wow, quite charred!
The steel strongbox is vaporized!
>l
[South River Road]
You can see some of the town inhabitants sunning themselves on the opposite bank of the river. In fact, the whole town looks to be a very restful and relaxed place. Local businesses and shops line the roads that you can see in town, displaying their goods for all to see. You also see a rough slab of silver, a yellow sapphire, a dark cloud, a weathered haon chest, the Hesha disk and a patio entrance.
Obvious paths: northeast, west
>l in che
In the haon chest you see an engraved wooden strongbox.

Whelp.... so much for that idea... maybe the next one will work...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Brilliant idea didn't work 09/18/2012 06:51 PM CDT
haha that was great. iv got a locksmith there but he couldnt pick his way out of the jungle so.....

Player of Malisai
Re: Brilliant idea didn't work 09/18/2012 07:54 PM CDT

neat idea though...