1207 (Force Projection) - Not Opening Graveyard Gate? 10/04/2017 08:32 AM CDT
My Monk in Plat finally got this spell and I was happy to read on the wiki that it can be used to open the Graveyard Gate.

However, when I went to try it:
>prep 1207
You take a deep breath and focus inward, raising a hand and quietly murmuring the words of the Force Projection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at gate
You gesture at a massive bronze gate.
The gate vibrates slightly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

... am I missing something? Shouldn't this just pop the gate open instantaneously? Or am I supposed to get some sort of phantom roll that's high enough to do so?

Or perhaps it is borked in Plat? I've not tried it in Prime.
Re: 1207 (Force Projection) - Not Opening Graveyard Gate? 10/04/2017 08:42 AM CDT
GSLOVER
... am I missing something? Shouldn't this just pop the gate open instantaneously? Or am I supposed to get some sort of phantom roll that's high enough to do so?

While under level 21, it's only a chance (with each level increasing the odds) to pop open the gate when casting Unlock (407) or Force Projection (1207).

GameMaster Estild
Re: 1207 (Force Projection) - Not Opening Graveyard Gate? 10/04/2017 12:06 PM CDT
Ah - thanks for the clarification Estild!

Bit of a let down, though, as my mana pool is puny as-is and makes attempting to pop the gate prohibitive.

I assumed it was an automatic thing, considering how many sub-L20 critters are in the Graveyard. Would be nice to have a better chance of popping it at an earlier level.
Re: 1207 (Force Projection) - Not Opening Graveyard Gate? 10/04/2017 12:25 PM CDT
I can't swear to it, not enough data.

But it seems to be easier for 1207 to pop from inside than from outside. Which makes sense since climbing the gate has long existed - towards the inside.

Also, something about the way the hinges are facing. . .

Doug